Daily Arena Deck Advisor (v 18.104.22.168)
Hey everyone, I’m back with another Deck Advisor update!
The Brawl updates yesterday caused some issues for some folks, but I think everything is ironed out now. Here’s information on the latest update!
The download links and user guide are available at the MTG Arena Zone Deck Advisor Tools Page.
Here are the features that have changed since the previous version:
A “Sort Decks” option has been added in the filter/refresh section of the application, with two combo boxes: one to choose an attribute to sort decks on, and another to choose whether to sort on that attribute in ascending or descending order (or whether to just use the default for that attribute). The attributes currently available for sorting are:
- Booster Cost – This option sorts decks based on the expected number of boosters you’d need to open to complete the deck, assuming you also use your available wildcards to craft cards for the deck.
- Booster Cost (Ignoring Wildcards) – This option sorts decks based on the expected number of boosters you’d need to open to complete the deck, assuming you don’t spend any wildcards.
- Booster Cost (Ignoring Collection) – This option sorts decks based on the expected number of boosters a player would have to open to complete the deck starting from an empty collection (this is basically the “cost” of the deck in dollars).
- Win/Loss Record – This option sorts decks based on their Win/Loss Record. Note that this is most useful for the Arena Standard format where all decks have reliable data for this field. It’s less useful for other formats.
- Mythic Rare Count – This option sorts decks based on the number of Mythic Rare cards contained in each deck.
- Rare Count – This option sorts decks based on the number of Rare cards contained in each deck.
- Uncommon Count – This option sorts decks based on the number of Uncommon cards contained in each deck.
- Common Count – This option sorts decks based on the number of Common cards contained in each deck.
Brawl Commander Replacement Suggestions
Along with bug fixes related to the Brawl updates to Arena on Thursday, a change was made to keep the application from suggesting illegal replacements for Brawl commanders.
This means that there will be more instances where the program can’t find a good replacement for the commander, but that’s to be expected in a limited card pool, and considering that Brawl decks tend to be built around their Commanders, it’s probably best to avoid trying to simply replace a commander based on color identity (it can work, depending on the deck, but usually will result in a much worse deck).
More Localization Support
Localization support and Russian translations have been added to the Updater, and more/improved Russian translations have been added for the main application.
There is still work to be done for the Installer.
Minor and Under-the-Hood Changes
Some small bugs with the Updater relating to language resource files were fixed in this release. I don’t think they will affect many people, but if your updater is crashing or getting stuck in a loop, downloading and running the latest installer should fix it.
Additional error handling was added to the application, along with functionality to automatically open a Github issue with attached logs when an unhandled exception occurs (this functionality already came in handy with some intermediate releases after the Arena Brawl updates!) Note that only one Github issue will be created for any given exception location, so if you ever see this in action (hopefully you won’t!) the Github link it gives you might point to an issue that links to a different user’s log files.
Also fixed a small bug that can cause the application to crash when the “Rotation Proof” toggle is on.
Future Enhancements/Bug Reports
All planned enhancements can be found on the Github Issues Page (and any bug reports should be submitted there, as well). If you’re so inclined, go take a look (and maybe even add your own feature request on Github!)
Free Account Progress Update
I don’t have any Standard or Historic updates for my free account, but I was able to put together a Brawl deck with [c]Niv-Mizzet, Parun[/c] as commander, and had a bunch of fun playing Brawl:
[d title=”Niv-Mizzet, Parun (Brawl)” style=”embedded”]
1 Niv-Mizzet, Parun (GRN) 192
1 Pteramander (RNA) 47
1 Faerie Vandal (ELD) 45
1 Tome Raider (ELD) 68
1 Loch Dragon (ELD) 211
1 Crackling Drake (GRN) 163
1 Murmuring Mystic (GRN) 45
1 Spark Double (WAR) 68
1 Sphinx of Foresight (RNA) 55
1 Syr Elenora, the Discerning (ELD) 67
1 Dream Eater (GRN) 38
1 Dragon Mage (M20) 135
1 Opt (XLN) 65
1 Radical Idea (GRN) 52
1 Anticipate (M19) 44
1 Thrill of Possibility (ELD) 146
1 Unsummon (M20) 78
1 Negate (RIX) 44
1 Quench (RNA) 48
1 Thought Collapse (RNA) 57
1 Didn’t Say Please (ELD) 42
1 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
1 Devious Cover-Up (GRN) 35
1 Shock (M19) 156
1 Flame Sweep (M20) 139
1 Hypothesizzle (GRN) 178
1 Selective Snare (GRN) 53
1 Role Reversal (WAR) 214
1 Improbable Alliance (ELD) 193
1 Witching Well (ELD) 74
1 Golden Egg (ELD) 220
1 Midnight Clock (ELD) 54
1 Izzet Locket (GRN) 238
1 Firemind Vessel (WAR) 237
1 Jace, Wielder of Mysteries (WAR) 54
1 Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor (WAR) 56
12 Island (ANA) 57
1 Mystic Sanctuary (ELD) 247
7 Mountain (ANA) 59
1 Command Tower (ELD) 333
1 Evolving Wilds (RIX) 186
1 Izzet Guildgate (GRN) 251
1 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
Thank you to all the users who have tried out this application, and passed it on to your friends. I look forward to making further improvements, and putting together other useful tools like this in the future!
As always, feel free to send any questions, comments and criticisms to me here, on Reddit, on Twitter at @DailyArena or on Facebook via the @DailyArenaMTG page.