Historic Anthology 3 and Permanent Ranked Queues Coming May 21 – Two Cards Spoiled!
Weekly MTG (VOD of the steam below) has revealed some exciting news regarding the Historic format! MTG Arena’s monthly game update is coming May 21, and teased some new things coming along with it:
- Historic Anthology 3 is dropping with 27 new cards. As with the previous Anthology sets, it will cost 4,000 Gems or 25,000 Gold to purchase four copies of each card in the set.
- Permanent Historic ranked queues will be implemented.
- Historic Cube Draft between players
- New Festival events to obtain the Showcase card styles
- Drannith Magistrate is to be banned in Brawl
Here are some key dates:
- May 8: Historic Anthology 3 preview day; All cards will be revealed similar to spoiler seasons of other sets, from various channels.
- May 19: State of the Game is to be announced with all the information regarding MTG Arena’s May game update.
- May 21: May game update and patch 1.08.00.00 to drop.
In the meantime, the stream revealed two cards that will be entering Historic – Phyrexian Obliterator and Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger!
Historic will add more cards parallel to the upcoming Pioneer format, adding cards from the new Jumpstart set coming in July this year and progressively adding cards from older sets such as Amonkhet Remastered. There has also been talks about more support for Historic Brawl, but nothing concrete has been confirmed yet from the developers.