Ranked Draft Core Set 2020 Coming on July 19
This is a reminder to all players that Ranked Draft Core Set 2020 will be live in MTG Arena soon, on July 19. As opposed to the currently active Traditional Draft, we can use the gold that we saved up to purchase entry into this draft event!
Ranked Draft of the latest sets start two weeks after their release on MTG Arena, to encourage use of gems on Sealed and Traditional Draft. Here are some quick facts about this event:
Duration: July 19 2019 to Fall 2019
Format: Core Set 2020 Ranked Draft
Cost: 5000 Gold or 750 Gems
Match Structure: Single matches (BO1)
Rewards: Depending on amount of wins (up to 7) before 3 losses:
- 0 Wins – 50 Gems, 1 Core Set 2020 Pack (20% chance of bonus pack)
- 1 Win – 100 Gems, 1 Core Set 2020 Pack (22% chance of bonus pack)
- 2 Wins – 200 Gems, 1 Core Set 2020 Pack (24% chance of bonus pack)
- 3 Wins – 300 Gems, 1 Core Set 2020 Pack (26% chance of bonus pack)
- 4 Wins – 450 Gems, 1 Core Set 2020 Pack (30% chance of bonus pack)
- 5 Wins – 650 Gems, 1 Core Set 2020 Pack (35% chance of bonus pack)
- 6 Wins – 850 Gems, 1 Core Set 2020 Pack (40% chance of bonus pack)
- 7 Wins – 950 Gems, 2 Core Set 2020 Packs
This event also means you are participating in the Limited portion of War of the Spark Season 3 – and you will be eligible for season rewards and Mythic Championship V qualifiers if you reach top 1000 Mythic ranking.
Also a reminder that as of the previous update, there is a change in the MTG Arena event structure. Ranked Draft Core Set 2020 will be active until the release of the next set, but at the same time Ranked Draft for other sets will be available at the same time on the following dates:
- August 2–16: Rotating Ranked Draft
- August 16–29: Rotating Ranked Draft
We’ve been working on our Core Set 2020 Limited guides (still work in progress as more games are played, but the basics are there!), which you can check out below. Keep in mind, Ranked Draft is a best-of-one format, which makes sideboard cards and “protection from” cards less useful.
Sign ups for Ranked Draft War of the Spark will also be ending on July 19 8 AM PST also, but players can still finish off playing the event for a few hours after sign ups end.
There is also the weekend event coming up at the same time which you should see a countdown for in-game, called Giant Monsters (formerly Kibler’s Giant Monsters)! This is a great event to farm some Individual Card Rewards (ICRs), and we will have a guide for this event coming up in the coming hours, so keep an eye out for it.
Enjoy your weekend!