Hello everyone! With Strixhaven on the horizon, many want to know what the hottest new brews will be with all the new cards. That’s unsurprising given that brewing decks is probably my favorite thing to do as a Magic player. However, there are also many who want to be competitive right away and want to know how they can upgrade their old decks to fit into the new metagame.
Today, I’ll be focusing on the latter. With Strixhaven we’re going to see some substantial improvement to some archetypes, and some complete misses for others. As a note, these lists are good launching points, but the sideboards are likely going to need updating as the metagame starts shaping up. Let’s get into what falls where.
WINNER: TEMUR ADVENTURES
It’s always an interesting time when the general agreed upon best deck receives improvements from the newest set. To start, I’ll say that I don’t believe 3 color decks want to use the new dual lands. You need a lot of the appropriate basic (Triomes do work as well) to make sure the land comes into play untapped, and with m...
This exclusive content is available for Premium members!
Support MTG Arena Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your gaming experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon!
Already a member?