Easily find out what your Mastery progression is – the potential maximum level and rewards with the free Mastery and purchased Mastery Pass. You can find the full information regarding the Mastery system and the contents of this set below.
How Mastery Level and Experience are Calculated
- There are a total of 80 levels available in The Brothers' WarMastery with each level up requiring 1000 XP. All players receive rewards through Level 54, while players with the Mastery Pass will receive rewards up to Level 80 and beyond.
- All levels past level 80 will earn the player one Uncommon Individual Card Reward (ICR) that has a 5% upgrade rate.
- XP and Orbs from the previous Mastery are not transferred to this one, nor to the next Mastery.
- Players earn Mastery XP via playing the game regularly for a daily total of slightly over 1000 XP and a total of 7250 XP per week. Wins can be earned in any game mode; with the exception of Direct Challenge, and Bot Matches:
- Note: Weekly Wins, Daily Wins, and Daily Quests are reset (fresh set of 3 quests) upon arrival of the new Mastery, after the patch time.
- Special promotional codes and in-game events sometimes grant Mastery XP, as a way of compensation or a way for players to catch up. These will be posted here as they are released.
The Brothers’ War Mastery
THE BROTHERS’ WAR SET MASTERY
- 33x The Brothers’ War packs
- 5x Mastery Orbs (Each can be redeemed for a card style or sleeve on The Brothers’ War Mastery Tree.)
THE BROTHERS’ WAR MASTERY PASS
- Urzan Automaton
CARDS AND PACKS
- 20x Packs (4x, The Brothers’ War, 4x Dominaria United, 3x Streets of New Capenna, 3x Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty, 3x Innistrad: Crimson Vow, 3x Innistrad: Midnight Hunt)
- 10x The Brothers’ War mythic rare individual card rewards (ICRs)
- Level 81+: 1x Uncommon ICR
- 1x The Brothers’ War card sleeve
- 1x Exquisite The Brothers’ War card sleeve
- 5x Additional The Brothers’ War card sleeves (obtainable from The Brothers’ War Mastery Tree)
- 25x Mastery Orbs (Each can be redeemed for a card style or sleeve on the The Brothers’ War Mastery Tree.)
- 15x Common card styles
- 10x Uncommon card styles
- 1 Player Draft token (Can be redeemed for either a Premier or Traditional Draft)
GOLD AND GEMS
- 4,000 Gold
- 1,200 Gems
- Common Urzan Soldier
- Uncommon Urzan Soldier
- Rare Urzan Soldier
HOW MANY LEVELS ARE THERE IN THE BROTHERS’ WAR SET MASTERY?
The Brothers’ War set mastery goes up to level 80. All players receive rewards through level 66, while players with the Mastery Pass will receive rewards up to level 80—and beyond!
Mastery System FAQ
The Mastery System is a way for players to earn experience and unlock rewards by playing Magic: The Gathering Arena.
Players complete the Account Mastery system as part of the new player experience, which unlocks the 15 starter decks as well as certain cosmetics. With Core Set 2020, we’ve expanded this system to now include Set Mastery system which will be specific to each new Standard set on Magic: The Gathering Arena.
All players receive access to the Account Mastery and standard Set Mastery at no additional cost. Players can unlock additional rewards for the Set Mastery by purchasing a Mastery Pass.
The Account Mastery is part of our new player experience and may only be completed once. Your Set Mastery level and rewards will reset with the release of every new Standard set on MTG Arena.
The next Mastery season begins with The Brothers’ War on November 10, 2022 (tabletop release: November 18, 2022).
Set Mastery FAQ
Set Masteries are available for the most recent Standard set, starting on the day the set is released and ending when the next set is released.
The Brothers’ War Set Mastery goes up to Level 80. All players receive rewards through level 66, while players with the Mastery Pass will receive rewards up to level 80 and beyond (an uncommon Individual Card Reward every level).
By play! Every time you complete a quest, or earn one of your daily wins (up to 10), or earn one of your weekly wins (up to 15), you’ll receive experience points towards your current Mastery level. Additional XP may be available through special events or promotional items (such as codes). As you level up, you’ll receive rewards based on your current level.
Methods of earning XP include:
· Daily Wins – 25 XP for the first 10 wins per day
· Weekly Wins – 250 XP for the first 15 wins per week
· Quests – 500 XP for each quest completed
· (Other – occasionally there are codes or special events that reward XP.)
All players can earn up to 30 booster packs from the most recent set, as well as 5 mastery orbs that can be used to unlock certain card styles. Additional rewards are available for players who have purchased a Mastery Pass.
When a new set is released on MTG Arena, a new Set Mastery reward track becomes available and your Set Mastery level is reset to 0.
There are currently no plans to allow players to complete Set Masteries for older sets. While you will keep any rewards you may have received from the previous Set Mastery, you will not be able to unlock any remaining rewards once the Set Mastery is no longer available.
Mastery Pass FAQ
While all players have access to the base Mastery System, the Mastery Pass is an optional way for players to earn additional rewards through Set Mastery.
The Mastery Pass can be purchased for 3,400 gems. Players can earn gems through rewards in certain events, or by purchasing them directly from the store.
All players who purchase the Mastery Pass will automatically receive the common Elemental-Themed pet, as well as the Nahiri, Heir of the Ancientsplayer avatar and Zendikar Rising card sleeve.
In addition to the cosmetic rewards, players can get a variable amount of Gold, Gems, Boosters, Tokens, depending on the length of the Mastery.
Each Mastery Pass is tied to a specific Set Mastery. Once a new Set Mastery is released, the older set (and it’s corresponding Mastery Pass) will no longer be available.
Pets are a cosmetic feature that adds a companion creature to your collection. Pets will join you on the battlefield and observe your matches from the sidelines. Please Note: Pets do not offer any additional game play features. It is a cosmetic option only.
Currently, pets are only available through our Mastery Pass bundle.
On your Profile page, you will find a “Pet Selection” option next to the “Change Avatar” button. This will open a browser where you can view the pets in your collection, as well as choose which to display on the battlefield.
You can swap the color of your pet while they are on the battlefield. Simply click your pet, and watch them transform! Additionally, as you complete your Set Mastery your pet will level up alongside you, unlocking an Uncommon and Rare version with additional changes to their appearance.