A complete guide to the Jump In! event, including packet contents to help you find the key cards.
Jump In! is an event catered towards new players in MTG Arena, allowing players to collect cards more efficiently. The event is refreshed for Streets of New Capenna, introducing 10 new packets into the mix starting April 28, 2022!
Based on the previous Jumpstart events, players will be able to choose two themed packets, combine them together to create a ready-to-play deck and play against other players. In this edition of the event, the cards are chosen from sets currently in Standard! This is a great event for new players to collect specific Rares and Mythic Rares, some that are even format staples. Read on to find out more.
- Starts: April 28, 2022 @ 8 AM PST
- Entry: 1,000 gold or 200 gems
- Format: Jump In! Standard: Pick two packets and play a combined deck with added basic lands.
- Structure: Play as many games as you wish, resign when you’re done. You may pay the entry and rejoin to select new packets and play again.
- Rewards: First win awards an uncommon individual card reward (ICR), with a 5% upgrade chance to rare or mythic rare.
Basic lands are automatically added based on the packets you choose, balanced for the costs and activated abilities on the spells in your packets. You’ll also receive dual snow lands from Kaldheim in the appropriate colors to your deck. Like other cards, they are added to your collection, and are considered before basic lands are determined for your deck.
Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty introduces 10 new packet themes, which has 16 new Rares and 5 Mythic Rares for you to collect (from 59 Rares and 18 Mythic Rares total in the set).
Packet Theme List and Rares/Mythic Rare Contents
- For your first packet, Jump In! will present you with three options out of the possible themes below. All themes are equally likely to appear, with the exception that for your first packet at least one option will be a packet you’ve never selected in a previous run of the event (unless you’ve selected them all).
- The options for the second packet are based on your first packet selection so that you won’t be in more than two colors. If your first packet selection was only one color, then your second packet options will be either a one-color packet or a two-color packet that includes the color of your first selected packet. If your first packet selection was two colors, then your second packet options will include one-color packets that are either of those colors or two-color packets that are the same two colors.
- All of the packets within these constraints are equally likely to appear.
- Each pack will contain one Rare or Mythic Rare. The below table lists all the packet themes, and the Rare or Mythic Rare you might find in each pack.
- This is a great way to obtain specific Standard staples for new players with a small collection of cards, even if we assume one pack that contains one rare or mythic rare costs 1,000 gold and dismissing the Wildcard track progression.
- As usual, cards you obtain from this event will be affected by Duplicate Protection. You’ll receive gems for any rares or mythic rares and Vault progress for any commons or uncommons that you received beyond a playset.
- For a complete list of cards in each pack and the probability of finding each one, please click here.