Hello everyone! With the surprise banning of Time Warp, everyone is left wondering what to play and what's going to be good in Historic. Instead of just jamming all your old decks to figure out what might be good, I have the inside scoop on what's going to succeed, what's likely to fail, and what new deck may take the spot of the top deck. I know many people believe Izzet Phoenix is going to end up being the next best deck, and although that's likely, I think it's not as set in stone as many think.
Before I talk about the less obvious implications of the ban announcement, let's get the baseline discussion done first about the more obvious ramifications of this banning.
IZZET PHOENIX IS NOW TIER 0
Arclight Phoenix Art by Slawomir Maniak
To the surprise of nobody, when a ban completely destroys the best deck and doesn't touch the second best deck, the second best deck is likely to jump up to the top spot. Phoenix is still a good deal more powerful than a lot of the format so this will be considered the deck to beat for at least the next week. That being said, what is going...
This exclusive content is available for Premium members!
Support MTG Arena Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your gaming experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon!
Already a member?