2021.10.00 Patch Notes
Patch notes for the MTG Arena October game update has been released! Here is a quick rundown:
- Multitude of bug fixes.
- Changes to the Historic format with suspensions, bans and alteration to the digital-only cards from Historic Horizons. Wildcard refunds for Brainstorm and Tibalt’s Trickery has been issued to players who collected them. More details in our article.
- Release of the Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Jump In! event, for new players to bolster their collection more efficiently. More details in our guide.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that could cause some Mythic Limited players to not receive proper updates for wins or losses in events
- Fixed a bug that could cause some combinations of Jump In! packets to cause an error
Game Update Highlights
New Jump In! mode – A Jumpstart-style event built from the Standard cardpool. At only 1000 gold to enter, this event is a great way to build your initial collection.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that would cause some tabs in the main menu to appear locked after completing a match in an event
- Fixed a bug that cause wins in an event to not properly show quest progress, Mastery Pass rewards earned, etc.
- On Macs, Arena will now correctly go full-screen on 16:10 aspect ratio screens
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- Weird issues with font size for the title of Toho style cards have been fixed, again.
- Fixed an issue where Confounding Conundrum was triggering extra times when multiple lands were returned to the battlefield at once.
- Permanents that have received multiple instances of Protection or Hexproof now list the ability only once.
- Fixed an issue where Dragon Turtle’s ability had the wrong duration if players were casting spells that provided extra turns.
- Fixed a typo in the Cascade hanger. We had “it’s” instead of “its”. I only hope we have the opportunity to earn back your trust.
- Fixed an issue where Basic Lands that hadn’t been modified in any way had the toggle to View Printed. It didn’t do anything, but it was weird and we fixed it.
- Cards that listed a named card (like Runed Halo) were adding unnecessary white space afterward. This has been fixed.
- Fixed issue where keywords weren’t showing up bold on Planeswalkers.
- When ordering replacement effects, Rune Halo wasn’t showing any artwork, because the source is technically an ability on the player, who, you know, doesn’t have card art. We’ve added an override to show Runed Halo in there.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that prevented best-of-three matches from giving full quest progress for some quest types
- Fixed a bug during pack opening that could sometimes cause cards to not display text
- Fixed a bug that prevented Tournament Mode Friend Challenges from working properly