MTG Arena Known Issues – February 11, 2020
This post will look to consolidate the known issues MTG Arena is looking to fix over the next few patches, and answer commonly asked questions.
The following known issues are a condensed list of top player impacting bugs that the MTG Arena team is currently tracking.
Updated: February 11, 2020
- Oathsworn Knight loses a counter per blocker. It should only lose a maximum of once per combatdamage assignment.
- Trample damage may assign incorrectly if a blocking creature has an effect that prevents damage.
- Workaround: Manually assign damage.
- When activating Ashiok, Nightmare Muse’s -7 ability the browser doesn’t give the context when choosing which cards from exile to cast
- Workaround: You can view battlefield for clarification, i.e. whether the card is currently exiled because of an opponent’s Deputy of Detention or because of your own Hostage Taker.
- Casting a Callaphe, Beloved of the Sea while you control another Callaphe can incorrectly result in spells costing more than 1 additional mana.
- Enemy of Enlightenment doesn’t appear to be a valid target for Triumphant Surge if you have two cards in hand.
- Embodiment of Agonies will not show a count of the different mana costs among nonland cards in your graveyard if you attempt to cast it from somewhere other than your hand (i.e. if exiled through Vivien, Champion of the Wild’s -2 ability).
- Nightmare Shepherd’s triggered ability may not display the last known information if you hover the trigger while it is on the stack.
- The “Daily Deals” tab may be temporarily inaccessible as the day rolls over.
- This issue should resolve itself within 30 seconds.
- Players who purchase the Mastery Pass at Level 90+ will be missing Theros Mastery Orb.
- Card styles that are currently on sale as part of a Daily Deal cannot be purchased through the Deckbuilder.
- Workaround: Players can navigate to the Daily Deals tab on the store to purchase the card style.
- Card styles currently available as a Daily Deal do not have their sale prices reflected when viewing them in the Deckbuilder.
- Developer Note: You also cannot purchase a card style this way (see above). While you cannot see the sale price, you will also not be inadvertently charged more.
- Card styles currently available for purchase with gold as part of a Daily Deal do not have their gold prices displayed in the Deckbuilder.
- Dragging a card into your deck during sideboarding disables the option to view deck details
- Workaround: Clicking a card to add it to your mainboard does not cause this bug
- Players receive an incorrect error message when trying to add more than 250 cards to their sideboard during limited events.
- Developer Note: . . . okay, for context, you will only feasibly encounter this if someone is being cheesy with their sideboard during a Direct Challenge Limited Match.
- When selecting a deck for the Direct Challenge Limited matches, the mouseover tooltip incorrectly references Historic.
- Tokens created by Planeswalkers using the stained glass cardstyle are missing their token art ( -sigh- . . . again)
- New accounts will see the banned card announcement after completing the tutorial.
- Rank icons are displayed while completing the new player tutorial.
- The escape badge is always highlighted while the card is in your graveyard.
- This badge should only be highlighted if the card is in your graveyard and you can cast it by its escape cost.
- The visual effects of planewalkers may display the incorrect color identity.
- Adventures that have their cost modified will not display the cost modified reminder hanger.
- Mousing over a card that generates a token outside of matches (e.g. while viewing your collection) does not display an example of the token the card creates.
- Important Note: This only happens outside of matches. Players can still mouse over cards during games to see tokens a card generates.
- Players who earn vault progress during a draft may see an empty scene at the end of the draft (you receive a message that tells you vault progress has been earned, but the visuals are missing).
- Play rewards (quests, daily wins, mastery level, etc.) may incorrectly persist onto event pages.
- Workaround: Players can navigate away from the event page and back to it to correct this visual issue.
- The “Add to Decks” button on Draft/Sealed events is still visible when you are at the maximum number of decks and will not add the decklist to your decks.
- Developer Note: As a general reminder, the maximum number of decks is 75.
- The “Add to Deck” button incorrectly references importing the deck from your clipboard.
- Sparky may incorrectly say that you’ve unlocked a new card if you lose during your second match as part of the new player experience.
- Some areas of the deck editor may become improperly dimmed.
- Some overlays cannot be dismissed by clicking above the overlay.
If you run across any of these issues during your play, there is no need to submit a new bug. If you run across a bug that is not current captured in the known issues list, you can submit that bug to us through mtgarena-support.wizards.com.
This thread is locked to serve as a resource. We will continue to update this thread with new known issues as they are flagged, and remove any issues as they are resolved.