2021.03 Patch Notes
Today’s major patch releases Historic Anthology 4, injecting 25 curated cards from Magic’s past into Historic as well as the usual updates to events, shop items and bug fixes as outlined in the preview yesterday. Check out the official notes below for all the details!
GAME UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
- Historic Anthology 4 is now available!
- KHM Festivals – Earn KHM card styles
- Historic Shakeup Series – We’re running 3 back-to-back Historic shakeups, with a starting ban list that will evolve based on what people are playing in these events
NOTABLE BUG FIXES
- Multiple improvements around connecting to matches and detecting and handling disconnections
- Fixed an issue that could prevent targeting the opponent (this was caused by either player reconnecting mid-match)
- Fixed problems with moving Runed/enchanted equipment and targeting the enchantments on mobile.
- Fixed the quest bar sometimes not appearing on launch.
- Even more improvements to performance around animating huge stacks of stuff.
- Fixed an issue where the Demonic Pact checklist wasn’t updating correctly.
- Lands with multiple Glittering Frosts now have consecutive mana wheels.
- When matchmaking, the Cancel button is now hidden when a match is found and will reappear if the match fails to start
- Added the ability to filter energy-related cards in the deckbuilder. You can use “o:Energy” to find any card with an energy symbol in its textbox. (This also works for “snow”, “tap”, and “untap”.)
- Added equip limits and better messaging to the Emotes page.
- Added a warning when saving a deck with Legion Angel and an empty sideboard. (Since you probably want more copies in there.)
- When there are distribution spinners (say you’re passing out +1/+1 counters) stacks that have the same number of counters don’t unstack. If you tick them up one, one unstacks with a counter on it, the rest remain stacked at 0.
- Cards that reference Changelings, but are not themselves Changelings, now have the Changeling hanger, because then you know what Changeling means. Changeling.
- Cards (like Runed Halo) that name other cards, but which technically work against tokens that happen to share the name of a card, now accept Illusion and Shapeshifter, because those are, in fact, tokens that share the name of a card.
UPCOMING MTG ARENA
- March 12 – March 26: War of the Spark
- March 26 – April 2: Core Sets
Quick Draft Schedule
- March 12 – April 2: Kaldheim
- April 2 – April 16: Throne of Eldraine
FNM at Home Schedule
- March 12: Historic
- March 19: Standard Shakeup
- March 26: Pauper
- April 2: NPE Precons
- April 9: Omniscience
- March 13 – April 2: Historic Shakeup
- March 13 – March 16: Festival: Historic Artisan
- March 20 – March 23: Festival: On the Edge
- March 27 – April 1: Festival: Historic Brawl
- April 2 – April 15: Arena Cube & Traditional Arena Cube
- April 10 – April 15: Theros Beyond Death Turbo Draft
Historic Anthology 4 has arrived! Get your hands on the new cards and styles, along with the Amon-cat pet!
Historic Anthology 4
- Abomination of Llanowar
- Adorned Pouncer
- Ammit Eternal
- Blinkmoth Nexus
- Coldsteel Heart
- Collected Conjuring
- Death’s Shadow
- Declaration in Stone
- Faith of the Devoted
- Flameblade Adept
- Goblin Gaveleer
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin
- Harmless Offering
- Iceberg Cancrix
- Inspiring Statuary
- Lys Alana Huntmaster
- Marit Lage’s Slumber
- Sawtusk Demolisher
- Spider Spawning
- Sword of Body and Mind
- Think Twice
- Thraben Inspector
- Torment of Scarabs
- Triumphant Reckoning
Cost: 4,000 Gems or 25,000 Gold
Proud Protectors Bundle
- Adorned Pouncer Card Style
- Declaration in Stone Card Style
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin Card Style
- Thraben Inspector Card Style
- Triumphant Reckoning Card Style
Cost: 1,450 Gems or 7,250 Gold
Battle Forged Bundle
- Goblin Gavaleer Card Style
- Blinkmoth Nexus Card Style
- Bonesplitter Card Style
- Inspiring Statuary Card Style
- Sword of Body and Mind Card Style
Cost: 1,400 Gems or 7,000 Gold
Arcane Mastery Bundle
- Collected Conjuring Card Style
- Faith of the Devoted Card Style
- Flameblade Adept Card Style
- Think Twice Card Style
- Harmless Offering Card Style
Cost: 1,200 Gems or 6,000 Gold
Dark Hunters Bundle
- Abomination of Llanowar Card Style
- Ammit Eternal Card Style
- Lys Alana Huntmaster Card Style
- Sawtusk Demolisher Card Style
- Spider Spawning Card Style
Cost: 1,200 Gems or 6,000 Gold
Frightful Shiver Bundle
- Coldsteel Heart Card Style
- Death’s Shadow Card Style
- Torment of Scarabs Card Style
- Iceberg Cancrix Card Style
- Marit Lage’s Slumber Card Style
Cost: 1,200 Gems or 6,000 Gold
Now available in the Store:
- Amon-cat Pet
Now available for purchase through the Deckbuilder:
- Puppet Jace Pet
- Fixed issues resulting from logging in on to two devices at the same time. You should now be cleanly logged out on the older connection.
- Fixed behavior when both Glittering Frost and Interplaner Beacon enchant the same land.
- Fixed an odd bug around alt-tabbing that could result in a card becoming stuck to the cursor
- When Cosima is exiled, we now show the counters on the mini-CDC that stays on the battlefield, so you don’t have to dig down into exile.
- Corrected the highlight around split cards that can be cast from the graveyard.
- Permanents entering the battlefield with counters on them had some visual tapping and untapping issues if the opponent had Authority of the Consuls in play. It was never actually tapping and untapping, and now it doesn’t look like it is.
- Fixed several translation issues, especially for Japanese
- Fixed an issue where players who controlled both Sandwurm Convergence and a creature with flying would see their own creature get a Can’t Attack badge. While technically it’s true that if, somehow, the creature had tried to attack its controller, Sandwurm Convergence would have prevented this, the badge did not seem necessary, and has been removed.
- If your opponent had Authority of the Consuls, and you have Blood Sun in play, and then you played Ashaya, Soul of the Wild, it was causing the match to complete unexpectedly. It doesn’t anymore. But Ashaya still dies, and your opponent gains life, so… I mean don’t do that?