Table of Contents
Players are finding Kaldheim cards in Commander Legends booster packs as a possible production error in the print run. The official preview season for the upcoming set has barely started, as a handful of cards have been officially previewed and the debut stream is set to start on January 7, 2021. Sources are spilling the beans on reddit, Twitter and Facebook, and one even posted a video of the actual cards to confirm its legitimacy.
Let’s find out what was opened – as always, these are unofficially spoiled so do not scroll down if you do not wish to see the leaks!
Rise of the Dread Marn
The Bloodsky Massacre
Another Kaldheim card has allegedly been opened from a Commander Legends Collector Booster according to a Twitter source, the Rakdos saga! Interestingly, the Berserker tribe is being supported in this two color archetype.
Arni has a new mechanic “Boast” that you can activate once when it attacks. A 3/3 haste for 3 seems like a decent deal for aggro decks, and is easily splashable.
Battle for Bretagard
The second multicolored Saga to be spoiled next to Showdown of the Skalds, the effect looks like it a decent payoff for only three mana! Mark Rosewater’s Kaldheim teaser has given numerous indications that tokens will be getting some strong support in this set with the Treasure tokens making their return. Examples from the teasers:
- numerous new noncreature tokens
- a card that can make a token that’s a copy of target permanent for no mana
- “Sacrifice five Treasures:”
- “create X of those tokens instead”
Blessing of Frost
The Snow mechanic is back, and it is stuck on a non-permanent for the first time. Tokens and counters look like they will be strongly supported archetypes in both Standard and Historic, especially after Sarulf, Realm Eater was revealed…
Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider
Now here is the meat of the crop, the Mythic of the set! Vorinclex is making an appearance in Kaldheim with the Phyrexian creature type! In Mark Rosewater’s Kaldheim teaser, he said that we can expect to see “the introduction of a creature type that players have been wanting for years”. Counters are getting a further push with this card, and who knows – we may even get a full cycle of these Legendary creatures!
Vorinclex made its first appearance in New Phyrexia… What are they doing in Kaldheim? In the teaser video, we may have seen the Phyrexian oil and portals also play a role in Norse mythology.
What do you think of these cards and all the spoilers we’ve seen so far? Does it get you excited for the new set? Let us know in the comments below!
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more!
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Instant access to all exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code L95WR9JOWV to get 50% off the Annual plan!