MagicFest Taipei 2019 Day 2 Metagame Breakdown
The second day of MagicFest Taipei 2019 is now on the way with 220 players and Frank Karsten of ChannelFireball has us an insight on the metagame of the tournament for us.
The current Standard meta is truely amazing in that it is changing everyday and new deck archetypes are emerging even now. Players are trying to find clear answers to Mono Red Aggro, Nissa, and Teferi.
Gruul Midrange is the most popular deck to combat the popular archetypes.
Bant Ramp coming in second (our deck analysis coming soon!) is the real deal, as control decks have been neutered and board wipes are far few and between.
It will be interesting to see the top 8 decklists and see who comes out victorious in this unpredictable Standard format. Personally, I am a fan of the Boros Feather deck that is strong against Gruul.
Also see the top 8 decklists from Friday’s MCQ here, which Bant Ramp won.
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more!
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Instant access to all exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code L95WR9JOWV to get 50% off the Annual plan!