At this point, Standard seems to be relatively consolidated as a midrange fest. Some Aggro decks can exist (Gruul, Mono Red and Mono Black come to mind), but they seem to be slightly worse than their midrange counterparts because the answers are too cheap and there’s too much incidental lifegain. Control decks are a much rarer sighting, and it just seems there’s too much for them to contend with between graveyard recursion, cheap Planeswalkers, and Sagas that present several threats.
This exclusive content is available for Premium members!
Support MTG Arena Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your gaming experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon!
Already a member?