After a brief maintenance, MTG Arena has been updated with the latest patch, bringing fixes to various known issues and other minor bugs that arose from the recent update.
- Players should no longer be able to swap to uncollected versions of the Core Set 2021 Mastery Pass pet.
- The deckbuilder should no longer inappropriately show up when attempting to view the “table/pod” during a Player Draft
- Players should no longer experience hard crashes when playing MTG Arena in non-English languages.
- Greatly reduced the frequency of players experiencing “black screens” when transitioning between scenes (e.g. exiting a match, navigating between the Store and Home, etc.)
- Added additional in-game messaging when players experience additional loading time in-between scenes.
Developer’s Note: The “black screen” issues players are encountering are a result of longer-than-normal transition times between scenes. These come from a variety of sources, and this update fixes some, but not all of those. Sometimes this resolves itself after a few extra seconds, and sometimes it takes the game even longer to load (which is certainly not normal, and definitely something we we want to fix). While we’ve been able to address some of these issues, we’re still continuing to investigate, and we’re preparing to make additional changes as necessary. While the in-game messaging will help players understand what the hold up is, it also comes with the added benefit of additional server logging so we can pinpoint any lingering problems.
Thank you to all of our players for their reports, and we’ll continue to work over the weekend and into next to ensure these issues get resolved as soon as possible.
JUNE 29, 2020
- Fixed multiple bugs around chat messages not being sent/received properly.
Please Note: Players may need to restart their client to enable in-game chat.
Source: JUN 27 -1.09.00.02