2021.05.00 Patch Notes – Historic Anthology 5 Game Update
MTG Arena’s major game update for May 2021 brings us Historic Anthology 5 that adds 25 new cards to the Historic format, but more importantly there a lot of gameplay and bug fixes that has been lingering on for a while now! Check out the full scope of the patch below:
GAME UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
- Historic Anthology 5 is now available, with Praetors, Commands, and more!
- Jumpstart returns starting June 4!
- Extensive bugfixes and improvements throughout the game
NOTABLE BUG FIXES
- Fixed multiple bugs around social and Friend Challenges, especially on iOS
- Improved several cases where login or app start could hang, leaving the player stuck at a black screen or loading spinner
- Fixed a bug on mobile that prevented users from targeting offscreen cards – sliding a row will no longer select anything
- NOTE: As a result of this bugfix, on mobile you can no longer drag blockers to assign them. You need to tap the blocker, then tap the creature you want them to block.
- Fixed multiple bugs on mobile around permanents not unstacking when they should, especially around distribute damage and activating abilities
- Fixed a bug that was making companions in Brawl decks cause deck validation problems
- Fixed a bug that made Historic Tournament Match direct challenges use the wrong sideboard settings
- Emblems on mobile are now placed similarly to how they are on desktop (along the left edge of the screen)
- Android “back” button support has been extensively improved throughout the client
- Pressing ‘return’ / ‘newline’ on the mobile keyboard will now send messages when chatting with friends.
- The Black Lotus pet will not start in its second form. You can still change forms as normal.
- Added hangers to clarify which cards are banned in Historic Brawl
- We’ve updated the Mana Wheel UI for manually adding mana from sources that can produce multiple types of mana. You’ll also see how many mana you’ll be able to choose.
- We now add additional time to your turn when you make choices during resolution. Tainted Pact should be less difficult to use.
- We now wait for a confirmation on any selection from a group of your opponent’s cards. No more misclicking after an Emergent Ultimatum.
- Adjusted the UX for scroll bars in browsers to make them more clear and easier to use
- Creature rows will no longer scroll on their own while the user is assigning attackers or blockers.
- We’ve shifted the number on count badges to be centered under the icon.
- Modes that don’t have Timeouts no longer display Timeouts on the UI.
- Right clicking a card that shows a modified cost in hand now displays the base cost.
UPCOMING MTG ARENA EVENTS
Additional events added to MTG Arena. Read the MTG Arena Weekly Announcements to learn more!
Historic Anthology 5 has arrived! Get your hands on the new cards and styles, along with the return of Unsanctioned and Unstable full art basic lands!
Historic Anthology 5
- 4x Ancient Grudge
- 4x Atarka’s Command
- 4x Court Homunculus
- 4x Dragonstorm
- 4x Dromoka’s Command
- 4x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- 4x Grisly Salvage
- 4x Ichor Wellspring
- 4x Intangible Virtue
- 4x Into the North
- 4x Jin-Gitaxias, Core Auger
- 4x Kolaghan’s Command
- 4x Merfolk Looter
- 4x Ojutai’s Command
- 4x Ray of Revelation
- 4x Relic of Progenitus
- 4x Reverse Engineer
- 4x Sheoldred, Whispering One
- 4x Silumgar’s Command
- 4x Stifle
- 4x Trash for Treasure
- 4x Urabask the Hidden
- 4x Vault Skirge
- 4x Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- 4x Whirler Rogue
Cost: 4,000 Gems or 25,000 Gold
Unsanctioned Basic Lands
- Unsanctioned Full Art Plains
- Unsanctioned Full Art Island
- Unsanctioned Full Art Swamp
- Unsanctioned Full Art Mountain
- Unsanctioned Full Art Forest
Cost: 2,500 Gems or 12,500 Gold
Unstable Basic Lands
- Unstable Full Art Plains
- Unstable Full Art Island
- Unstable Full Art Swamp
- Unstable Full Art Mountain
- Unstable Full Art Forest
Cost: 2,500 Gems or 12,500 Gold
Infernal Instruments Bundle
- Ichor Wellspring Card Style
- Whirler Rogue Card Style
- Vault Skirge Card Style
- Reverse Engineer Card Style
- Court Homunculus Card Style
- Stifle Card Style
- Urabrask the Hidden Card Style
Cost: 1,500 Gems or 7,500 Gold
Grave Whispers Bundle
- Grisly Salvage Card Style
- Merfolk Looter Card Style
- Sheoldred, Whispering One Card Style
- Trash for Treasure Card Style
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur Card Style
- Ray of Revelation Card Style
- Relic of Progenitus Card Style
Cost: 1,500 Gems or 7,500 Gold
Ancient Adversaries Bundle
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Card Style
- Into the North Card Style
- Dragonstorm Card Style
- Ancient Grudge Card Style
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite Card Style
- Intangible Virtue Card Style
Cost: 1,600 Gems or 8,000 Gold
Draconic Commands Bundle
- Atarka’s Command Card Style
- Dromoka’s Command Card Style
- Kolaghan’s Command Card Style
- Ojutai’s Command Card Style
- Silumgar’s Command Card Style
Cost: 1,700 Gems or 8,500 Gold
Now available for purchase through the Deckbuilder:
- Mila, Crafty Companion Pet
- Mila, Crafty Companion Sleeve
- Amon-Cat Pet
- Fixed an issue where, after selecting targets, Magma Opus would sometimes get stuck.
- Back faces of TDFCs no longer use the front face’s Mana Cost to determine devotion.
- Fixed a bug where the companion filter would be turned on by default while sideboarding for decks with companions
- Storm cards on the stack now correctly show their count.
- Yidaro’s post-cycling mini-CDC now correctly shows the number of times Yidaro has been cycled.
- Autotap now has a better understanding of lands enchanted with multiple Glittering Frosts.
- Fixed an issue where Nicol Bolas, God Pharaoh’s -4 could target cards in the wrong zones.
- Fixed an issue with Inspiring Statuary not giving improvise to modal spells.
- Sacrificing a creature you don’t own with Deadly Brew now draws a card, as it should.
- Fixed a bug where the Theros full art lands would display incorrectly when turned into creatures with Emergent Sequence
- Improved the performance of scrolling card rows on the battlefield (on mobile and desktop)
- Improved performance when a card or VFX is shown on screen for the first time.
- Nailed down an extremely elusive bug where, when regaining focus during the Mulligan screen, players would occasionally commit to a choice accidentally.
- Fixed an issue where reconnecting mid-match could leave cards displaying that were no longer in the game.
- Fixed a bug on mobile that prevented the user from viewing the battlefield during sideboarding
- Fixed a bug with the mastery web UI on some mobile devices where placing certain orbs could not be confirmed
- Fixed some cases where cards & pets could overlap on mobile
- Fixed a bug where “New” & “First” tags could stop showing on cards
- Blood on the Snow now displays the correct description for the number of cards the player can return.
- The browser for Chapter 1 of King Narfi’s Betrayal now correctly shows both graveyards.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the daily & weekly win trackers to show “10/25” when completed
- Fixed a bug where Depth Art versions of certain Planeswalkers was set too low on the cards
- Fixed a bug that caused the Direct Challenge history dropdown to be missing on wider mobile devices
- Magecraft VFX no longer cover the sacrifice button when cards are on the stack.
- Escape graveyard chains now appear once for each card exiled.
- Foretell VFX now play on the stack when casting a foretold card.
- Fixed an issue with Toho style cards showing the wrong name on the battlefield.
- Fixed a bug that caused the stereo channels to be reversed during gameplay
- MDFC Hint Bar mana cost is back in the correct font.
- Fixed an issue where Stained Glass style Planeswalkers briefly appeared with no art
- Cleaned up highlight VFX for split-cards that are near hand castables.
- Fixed the Furigana for Thraben Inspector and Declaration in Stone.
- Fixed an issue where the VFX for the second Planeswalker played on the Strixhaven battlefield clipped through the battlefield.
- Cards that have foretell, and have been exiled, and can be cast, but weren’t ever actually foretold, no longer display foretell VFX.
- Fixed multiple bugs with STX planeswalker VO
- Fixed the SP translation of Memory Lapse
- Fixed he PT translations of Beledros Witherbloom.
- Updated the German flavor text for Square Up.