The full patch notes for the MTG Arena Alchemy: Kamigawa game update has been released! This patch brings 30 new cards for Alchemy, along with a bunch of fixes and improvements (that have been lingering on for months). More information about the set and the complete card list can be found here:
For further information about the update and upcoming events, read this week’s announcement and State of the Game, and remember to report any issues directly to Wizards of the Coast Support. Check out the full patch notes below:
Game Update Highlights
- Alchemy: Kamigawa is released
- Several playblade improvements, like filters for events or more modes shown in Last Played
- Art from card styles can now be applied to deckboxes
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that could cause matchmaking to fail if a player had gone idle and returned
- Fixed a bug that caused an abnormally high amount of “Draw” matches
- In a best-of-three match, full win progress is now always correctly awarded to the winner after the opponent times out of the match or concedes during sideboarding,
- Fixed a bug that could cause a player’s emotes to get reset after a disconnection
- Fixed a bug that could cause challenging friends to Brawl games to not work properly
Arena Base Set Legality Changes
- Cards from the Arena Base Set are no longer legal in best-of-one Standard. They are now only legal in digital formats like Alchemy and Historic
- The Mono-Colored NPE decks are now set for the Alchemy format
- The Play Blade’s Events tab now has filters allowing you to look at All events, In Progress events, New events, and Limited or Constructed events
- The Play Blade’s Last Played tab now shows the last four modes played
- Added the ability to create new decks when selecting a deck in the Play Blade
- In the Play Blade’s Find Match tab, the Ranked tab now matches the player’s rank
- The Play Blade’s Last Played tab now lists whether queues are best-of-one or best-of-three
- Added “Ranked” and “Play” to the names of the queues in the Play Blade to make it more clear which modes were selected in Find Match or displayed in Last Played
- Fixed the scrolling speed in the Play Blade’s Events tab
- In the Packs tab, boosters now sort from newest to oldest
- We’ve added secondary set codes for each Alchemy drop. These are only for the text search, but you can now search for sets like “e:Y22-NEO” or “e:Y22-MID” in addition to seeing all of Y22 together.
- The deckbuilder allows Limited format decks to be edited and saved.
- Using the deckbuilder in the Limited format (for playing in Direct Challenge for example) will default to 17 lands instead of 24.
Gameplay – All Platforms
- Static Discharge has been updated to use Intensity instead of counters.
- Town-Razer Tyrant‘s prompt to either take two damage or sac the land has been updated with explicit buttons (“Take 2 Damage” and “Sacrifice”) rather than “Accept” and “Decline”.
- We now have a stop before Town-Razer Tyrant asks you to sac your land for Mana, giving you a chance to tap the land before you lose it.
- We’ve updated how we displayed loyalty abilities Planeswalkers have gained.
- Token copies created by Factory of Momir Vig and Pool of Vigorous Growth now have mana values.
- The Crew prompt has been updated to reflect the fact that, as of NEO, crewed vehicles cannot crew themselves. This is only a change to the text, highlights and functionality were already working correctly.
Upcoming MTG Arena Events
Additional events added to MTG Arena. Read the MTG Arena Weekly Announcements to learn more!
- Alchemy: Kamigawa is here! Download all the new tech for Alchemy and Historic in Alchemy: Kamigawa packs and bundles on sale now!
Tamiyo Compleat Bundle
Cost: 1,050 Gems or 5,250 Gold
Koi Pet Bundle
- Folded Koi Pet
Cost: 3,000 Gems or 15,000
Spirited Companion Pet Bundle
Cost: 3,000 Gems or 15,000
- Junkyard Scrapper Depth Art Card Style
- Artillery Enthusiast Depth Art Card Style
- Forgeborn Phoenix Depth Art Card Style
- Foundry Beetle Depth Art Card Style
- Inchblade Companion Depth Art Card Style
- Semblance Scanner Depth Art Card Style
- Dragonfly Pilot Depth Art Card Style
- Experimental Pilot Depth Art Card Style
Cost: 3,500 Gems or 17,500 Gold
- Better Offer Depth Art Card Style
- Undercity Plunder Depth Art Card Style
- Futurist Spellthief Depth Art Card Style
- Molten Impact Depth Art Card Style
- Painful Bond Depth Art Card Style
- Fragment Reality Depth Art Card Style
- Runaway Growth Depth Art Card Style
- Soul Servitude Depth Art Card Style
Cost: 3,700 Gems or 19,000 Gold
- Chronicler of Worship Depth Art Card Style
- Jukai Liberator Depth Art Card Style
- Saiba Syphoner Depth Art Card Style
- Swarm Saboteur Depth Art Card Style
- Holographic Double Depth Art Card Style
- Imperial Blademaster Depth Art Card Style
- Mothrider Cavalry Depth Art Card Style
Cost: 3,700 Gems or 18,500 Gold
Spirit of Resistance
- Bellowsbreath Ogre Depth Art Card Style
- Boseiju Pathlighter Depth Art Card Style
- Consuming Oni Depth Art Card Style
- Forceful Cultivator Depth Art Card Style
- Kami of Bamboo Groves Depth Art Card Style
- Kami of Mourning Depth Art Card Style
- Kami of Transmutation Depth Art Card Style
Cost: 3,500 Gems or 17,500 Gold
Now available for purchase through the Deckbuilder:
- Junkyard Scrapper
- Artillery Enthusiast
- Forgeborn Phoenix
- Foundry Beetle
- Inchblade Companion
- Semblance Scanner
- Dragonfly Pilot
- Experimental Pilot
- Chronicler of Worship
- Jukai Liberator
- Saiba Syphoner
- Swarm Saboteur
- Holographic Double
- Imperial Blademaster
- Mothrider Cavalry
- Bellowsbreath Ogre
- Boseiju Pathlighter
- Consuming Oni
- Forceful Cultivator
- Kami of Bamboo Groves
- Kami of Mourning
- Kami of Transmutation
- Better Offer
- Undercity Plunder
- Futurist Spellthief
- Molten Impact
- Painful Bond
- Fragment Reality
- Runaway Growth
- Soul Servitude
- Fixed a bug that could cause daily & weekly wins to not visually update after the win
- Fixed a bug causing some of the Neon styles to use the wrong text or power/toughness art, which could make them hard to read
- Fixed a bug that caused Last Played to not update to draft if the player left during the draft queue or the drafting process
- Fixed a bug that caused the deck box for the red-green deck awarded through the color challenge to appear incorrectly
- Fixed several issues with the sleep cycle for the VOW mastery bat pet (mute an opponent to make their pet sleep)
- BugFix | Fixed the reward presentation for the Phyrexian text version of Tamiyo
- The Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths 6-pack and 15-pack offerings now correctly only appear once.
- Events accessed via the Carousel or Billboards will now properly update Last Played in the Play Blade
- Matchmaking tips on mobile that were worded for PC are now correctly worded for mobile.
- Fixed a bug that could cause mobile players to have to tap twice to flip an ICR
- Improved messaging when launching an outdated PC client
- Fixed a problem where sometimes changes to targets of Shatterskull Smashing would incorrectly be treated as invalid due to other effects or spells.
- Fixed an issue where DFCs in spellbooks couldn’t transform.
- Fixed an issue where Tamiyo, Compleated Sage could not be cast with the hybrid Phyrexian mana as U if you only had 1 life (or less) remaining.
- Depending on which card created it the Day/Night card would sometimes have black text instead of white. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug causing the Dracula lands to lose their art when they were turned into a creature
- Attachments leaving the battlefield no longer visually unattach before leaving. This truly is the release of attachments not doing weird stuff that doesn’t matter but looked confusing.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to cast a Tainted Pact that had Flashback from Lier and not exile it.
- Fixed an issue where even after removing Tamiyo's Compleation, Futurist Operative would be blockable while a 1/1.
- Fixed an issue with Adamant castings of Once and Future not returning a card to your library.
- For some reason Lion Sash’s reconfigure options were in a different order than every other card. Now they’re in the same order. Good.
- The title and card types for Kaldring were white and unreadable, and are now black and readable. Shoutout to Jacuzzitubbs, whose stream I was watching when I saw this.
- Fixed a bug that caused the VFX for Seismic Wave to sometimes play on the wrong side of the battlefield
- Fixed an issue where extremely long artist names could collide with the P/T pill on certain styles.
- Fixed some visual errors on Mystical Archive cards conjured by cards using a depth art style
- Fixed an issue where Arlinn, Pack’s Hope’s +1 ability was creating 2 mini-CDCs.
- Cards tucked under a permanent that is itself attached to another permanent now move simultaneously with the permanent they’re attached to if that permanent moves. Basically, Eater of Virtue doesn’tlook weird anymore.
- Fixed an issue where Ishin was creating an extra Exert trigger.
- The Invoke Calamity mini-CDC now goes away correctly.
- Mana cost discounts for certain types of split cards weren’t displaying correctly (though the cost was correct when cast). Now they display accurately.
- Fixed an issue where names that contain markup for mana symbols would sometimes appear in the “Targeted by” hanger.
- Fixed an issue where a fully leveled Rogue class that had changed control would allow the new control to play face down exiled cards they shouldn’t have permission to cast.
- Everyone knows flavor text is in italics, which ours was, but sometimes it isn’t, because it is (when you italicize text in italicized text it goes back to normal). So now in our flavor text, the text is italic, except for when it’s italic, at which point it isn’t anymore, which is correct.