2023.26.00 Patch Notes – March of the Machine: The Aftermath Update
Table of Contents
MTG Arena’s latest patch had Wizards of the Coast unaware of the actual release date for March of the Machine: The Aftermath – it appears it is released today as per schedule rather than Thursday. The 50 new cards for MTG Arena are now out, as well as the events and usual bug fixes. Check out the full patch notes below (source: Wizards of the Coast).
Game Update Highlights
- March of the Machine Aftermath has arrived! New packs and cosmetics are available in the store and there’s a new, limited-time draft mode that mixes cards from both March of the Machine and the Aftermath
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some users from being able to Friend/Direct Challenge (may not fix all cases; we’re continuing to investigate here)
- Fixed an issue where, on mobile, after ordering blockers, the displayed order on the battlfield could be different than the damage order
Upcoming MTG Arena Events
Additional events added to MTG Arena. Read the MTG Arena Weekly Announcements to learn more!
- Billboards during the NPE will now display appropriate options of play depending on where you’re at in the NPE.
- Spark Rank Billboard now appears and sends you to Spark Rank in the Play Blade.
- When you have multiple identical alternative cost abilities (like two Runeforge Champions (remember Naya Runes? That was a fun deck)) you’re no longer asked to make the meaningless choice between them.
- We now have a custom animation for poison deaths! We have wanted custom victory/death animations since… Amonkhet? Like, the first time, not the remaster.
- Mana with multiple riders now display every rider.
- Cards that reference Jump-Start, but don’t have it themselves, now have a Jump-Start hanger explaining what that mechanic is.
We added a smart stop if you have Tyvar, The Bellicose in play, to make sure you get a chance to activate creatures with a mana ability that we’d normally skip. There are around 100 stories like this for every set, but usually we don’t call them out in patch notes, because as far as you’re concerned “it just works right”. Just a peek behind the scenes.
Borborygmos and Fblthp Bundle
- Borborygmos and Fblthp Avatar
- Fblthp Preorder Pet
- Fblthp Sleeve
Cost: 3,075 Gems or 15,375 Gold
What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- Kiora Avatar
- Nahiri Avatar
- Ob Nixilis Avatar
- Sarkhan Avatar
Cost: 800 Gems or 4,000 Gold
Aftermath: Unsparked Styles
- Nissa, Resurgent Animist Card Style
- Karn, Legacy Reforged Card Style
- Ob Nixilis, Captive Kingpin Card Style
- Calix, Guided by Fate Card Style
- Kiora, Sovereign of the Deep Card Style
Cost: 2,000 Gems or 10,000 Gold
Aftermath: Unbroken Styles
- Nahiri, Forged in Fury Card Style
- Samut, Vizier of Naktamun Card Style
- Tyvar the Bellicose Card Style
- Narset, Enlightened Exile Card Style
- Sarkhan, Soul Aflame Card Style
Cost: 2,000 Gems or 10,000 Gold
Aftermath: Journey’s End Styles
- Spark Rupture Card Style
- Deification Card Style
- The Kenriths’ Royal Funeral Card Style
- Leyline Immersion Card Style
- Tolarian ContemptCard Style
- Nahiri’s Resolve Card Style
- Feast of the Victorious Dead Card Style
- Training GroundsCard Style
Cost: 2,200 Gems or 11,000 Gold
- Fixed a couple bugs around cards properly applying styles to tokens they create
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more!
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Instant access to all exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code L95WR9JOWV to get 50% off the Annual plan!
Lie detector determined that was a lie. Styles still are not being applied to tokens haha