This is the tournament information hub for Mythic Point Challenge – Ikoria, held on February 29, 2020. You can find all relevant information here, including tournament information, coverage, decklists, standings, and more!
The Magic: The Gathering Arena Mythic Point Challenge is a one-day event in which top eligible players will be able to earn Mythic Points, good for eligibility for the 2020-21 Magic Pro League and Rivals League as well as a Top Quarterly Mythic Point Earner invitation to an upcoming Mythic Invitational.
Qualification to Compete
- Mythic Point Challenges are invitation-only events. Eligible players will be granted the role of Challenger prior to the Mythic Point Challenge taking place. Players with the role of Challenger are granted one entry into the Mythic Point Challenge Day One event.
- Players can see if they have the role of Challenger by selecting Profile once logged in. The Challenger role will be displayed adjacent to the Season Rewards button on that screen.
- Players can earn the Challenger role by finishing in the Top 1200 of either Constructed orLimited ranked play at the end of one of the ranked seasons that are tied to a Mythic Point Challenge.
- For the Mythic Point Challenge on February 29, 2020 that feeds Mythic Invitational Ikoria, the following ranked seasons are used for determining player eligibility:
- Throne of Eldraine Season 1 (September 30, 2019 at 12:05 PT – October 31, 2019 at 12:00 PT)
- Throne of Eldraine Season 2 (October 31, 2019 at 12:05 PT – November 30, 2019 at 12:00 PT)
- Throne of Eldraine Season 3 (November 30, 2019 at 12:05 PT – December 31, 2019 at 12:00 PT)
- Theros Beyond Death Season 1 (December 31, 2019 at 12:05 PT – January 31, 2020 at 12:05 PT)
- Additionally, all members of the 2020 Magic Pro League and Rivals League are eligible to compete in any Mythic Point Challenge, regardless of standing in the ranked seasons that determine eligibility.
- Additional means of receiving the role of Challenger for a Mythic Point Challenge is at the sole discretion of the Magic Pro League.
- Thursday, February 27: 6 a.m. PST
Eligible players will see the Mythic Qualifier event in-game. Players who do not see the event but have the Mythic Point Challenge role granted to them under their profile page should contact Customer Support for assistance.
- Saturday, February 29: 6 a.m. PST
- Saturday, February 29: 8 a.m. PST
Event entry is closed. Players must have joined the in-game event prior to the 8 a.m. deadline to begin playing their matches.
- Saturday, February 29: 6 p.m. PST
Matchmaking queue is disabled. In-progress games will be allowed to finish.
The gameplay format for the event is Traditional Best-of-Three Standard. Players can participate in the event either until they have earned 10 wins or 3 losses.
Players will receive gems based on the number of match wins they earn in the event as follows:
Additionally, players will receive Mythic Points based on the number of match wins they earned before they complete their event. Mythic Points are awarded as follows:
|Match Points||Mythic Points|