Standard is in a very unusual equilibrium - Midrange is everywhere and everything. As per the traditional metagame equilibrium triangle theory, that should mean that Standard is ripe for a control deck to come along and go over the top of all of the midrange decks with its superior late game potential. Yet we’re at the tail end of Dominaria United Standard looking into a future with The Brothers' War and that never came to pass: Why?
To answer that question, we have to dig a bit into what it means for a deck to be a “Control” deck in the se...
This exclusive content is available for Premium members!
Support MTG Arena Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your gaming experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon!
Already a member?