1.07.00.05 Patch Notes – Premier Draft Adjustments and Loading Time Bug Fixes
MTG Arena has been updated with the latest patch, bringing fixes to various known issues. The major one was matchmaking and change in hand smoothing algorithm for Premier (best-of-one) draft, which you can read about in the patch notes below. The excessive slow loading for some players due to “Checking for Updates” should now also be fixed.
IKORIA: LAIR OF BEHEMOTHS PREMIER DRAFT
- Adjusted Rank-Based Matchmaking for Premier Draft
- Developer’s Note: As some of you may have noticed, there were certain scenarios where you were being matched against somebody with a much higher (or lower) Rank than yours – this should address that issue. Regardless, players were still being properly matched on their current W/L record (Ranked draft formats use both your rank and your win/loss record when searching for an opponent).
- Adjustments to opening-hand algorithm for Premier Draft
- Developer’s Note: We intend for best-of-one formats to use a modified opening-hand algorithm which pulls multiple potential opening hands and chooses one; Premier Draft was operating contrary to that, and we have fixed it accordingly. To stave off any conspiracy theories, it was previously using our best-of-three opening hand rules (which pulls one, and only one opening hand).
- “Checking for Updates” should take significantly less time.
- Autotap and Smart Stops once again recognizes when certain modal spells (e.g. Thassa’s Intervention) can cast one mode but not the other.
- Sideboarding a designated Companion into your mainboard during best-of-three matches should now function correctly.
- Lurrus of the Dream-Den now correctly handles X values in converted mana costs (For spells with X in their mana costs, use the value chosen for X to determine the spell’s converted mana cost. For example, if a permanent spell costs xWhite, you could cast it with X as 1 but not as 2).
- Jubilant Skybonder’s cost increase now functions correctly when there are multiple instances of this card on the battlefield.
- Players can now appropriately select cards from their graveyard with Mausoleum Secrets.
- Setting Zirda, the Dawnwaker as your Companion will no longer cause the game to crash if you have cards with the Ascend keyword ability in your deck.
- Mythos of Brokkos should no longer bring back non-permanents from the graveyard to your hand if cast with no permanents in your graveyard.
- Mutated creatures are now counted as one creature for Settle the Wreckage, as they should be (702.139c of the Comprehensive Rules, if you’re curious).
- A mutated Cavalier of Thorns should no longer be able to target “itself” if you chose to exile it when it dies.
Source: APR 23 -1.07.00.05
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more!
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Instant access to all exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code L95WR9JOWV to get 50% off the Annual plan!