In just a few days (May 30, to be precise), The Arena Open tournament will be live on MTG Arena, promising cash prizes of up to $2000 USD to the top players. The first day of the tournament will be best-of-one (BO1) Standard, with players who manage to achieve 7 wins before 3 losses will advance to the second day. This is a rare case where a high stakes event is making use of the game mode, as most Magic: The Gathering tournaments are best-of-three. The first Mythic Invitational last year (won by Andrea Mengucci) experimented with this, but has not been repeated since.
Ever since the announcement was made, competitive players who have been playing primarily BO3 matches have been testing the waters in the BO1 metagame. As many might know already, BO1 is by far the most played game mode in MTG Arena as it allows for quicker games. This will be a great opportunity to see some of the great minds of the game create some fine tuned decks for BO1, as until now they have been far and few between!
Below you will find a growing list of BO1 Standard decks from pros, streamers and Mythic players. This page will be updated until the tournament starts on May 30, which then after we will publish all the known successful decklists from day 1 in a separate article. We also collected some BO1 resources for you below, as the format is quite different to BO3 in many ways.
Helpful Links for Best-of-One
Be sure to check out our new Metagame page for the latest tier list on all the top decks in Standard at the moment! You can also toggle between BO1 and BO3 decks while browsing our deck sections under “Mode”.
- Coming soon: Our picks for the day 1 of the tournament!
- The Arena Open Event Guide
- Best-of-One (BO1) Game Mode Guide: Prepare for Day 1 of The Arena Open Tournament!
- Building a “Wishboard” for Best-of-One Standard: Fae of Wishes, Karn and Vivien
- MTG Arena Standard Decks – Best-of-One (BO1) Metagame Tier List – May 2020
- MTG Arena’s Opening Hand Algorithm and Smoothing – Some Real Outcomes
- MTG Arena’s Opening Hand Algorithm and Smoothing: Finding the Ideal Land Count for BO1
- Best-of-One (BO1) Aggro Deck Building with Hand Smoothing
- To Best-of-One or To Best-of-Three? An In-Depth Comparison & Contrast of Arena’s Modes