Table of Contents
The contents of the Core Set 2021 Mastery system has been published, which will run from June 25 to September 17 (when Zendikar Rising is released). The rewards remain largely consistent, with the major change being the Draft Token being good for entry into Premier or Traditional Draft events. The Mastery Pass is also part of the Teferi Play Bundle in the preorder, which has been significantly upgraded from the Ikoria Lukka preorder.
|Eldraine Mastery||Theros Mastery||Ikoria Mastery||Core Set 2021 Mastery|
|Duration||121 days||84 days||71 days||84 days|
|Mastery Pass levels||110||90||80||90|
|Free packs||46 + Renewal Rewards||39||30||36|
|Gold||10000||4000 + Traditional Draft Token (worth 1500 gems)||4000 + Ranked Draft Token (worth 750 gems)||4000 + Premier or Traditional Draft Token (worth 1500 gems)|
Core Set 2021 Mastery XP
- Use the Mastery Calculator to predict what your final level will be.
- There are a total of 90 levels available in Core Set 2021 Mastery with each level up requiring 1000 XP. Rewards end at level for players 72 without the Core Set 2021 Mastery Pass.
- XP and Orbs from the previous Mastery are not transferred to this one, nor to the next Mastery.
- Players earn Mastery XP via playing the game regularly for a daily total of slightly over 1000 XP and a total of 7250 XP per week:
- Codes: To be announced. Use codes LevelUp for 2000 XP each if you have not used them from the previous season.
- Events: To be announced.
Core Set 2021 Mastery Pass
When you purchase the Core Set 2021 Mastery Pass you can also earn the following, based on your Set Mastery Level.
Base Set Mastery
- 36x Core Set 2021 booster packs
- 5x Core Set 2021 Mastery Orbs
Set Mastery Pass
- Ugin, the Spirit Dragon Avatar
Cards and Boosters
- 20 booster packs (x5 ELD, x5 THB, x5 IKO, x5 M21)
- 10 mythic rare Individual Card Rewards (ICRs)
- Level 91 and Beyond: Uncommon ICR (1:20 Upgrade Rate)
- Best Friend Basic Sleeve
- 15 common Card Styles
- 10 uncommon Card Styles
- 25 Mastery Orbs (each can be redeemed for card styles on the Core Set 2021 Mastery Tree)
- 5 Dog-themed Pet Variants
- Level 85 Ugin Exquisite Sleeve (Exquisite = Card Sleeve with VFX)
Gold and Gems
- 4,000 Gold
- 1,200 Gems
- Player Draft Token (Can be redeemed for a Premier or Traditional Draft)
Core Set 2021 Mastery Reward Track
Below are the distribution of rewards you get for each Mastery level you progress. All players have access to the standard Mastery rewards on the second column up to level 72. The Mastery Pass must be purchased to get rewards from the second column and they can be earned retroactively.
All players receive the following, based on their Set Mastery Level:
- Up to 36 Core Set 2021 booster packs
- Up to 5 Core Set 2021 Mastery Orbs (each can be redeemed for card styles on the Core Set 2021 Mastery Tree)
The distribution of the Core Set 2021 Mastery is yet to be published.
Core Set 2021 Mastery Tree
The details of the card styles from the Core Set 2021 Mastery Tree is yet to be published.
Mastery System FAQ
What is the Mastery System?
The Mastery System is a way for players to earn experience and unlock rewards by playingMagic: The Gathering Arena.
What’s the difference between “Account Mastery” and “Set Mastery”?
Set Mastery is a system specific to each new Standard set on Magic: The Gathering Arena. Players earn XP through play, and as they level up will receive rewards based on their current level. Account Mastery was a previously part of the new player experience as a way for players to unlock all 15 starter decks, as well as various upgrades and cosmetics. This systemw as replaced in March 2020 with Color Challenges.
Does the Mastery System cost anything?
All players receive access to the base Set Mastery at no additional cost. Players can unlock Set Mastery rewards by purchasing a Mastery Pass.
Does the Mastery System ever reset?
Your Set Mastery level and rewards will reset with the release of every new Standard set on MTG Arena.
How long is each Set Mastery available?
Set Masteries are available for the most recent Standard set, starting on the day the set is released and ending when the next set is released.
How do I earn rewards?
By play! Every time you complete a quest, or earn one of your weekly wins in a support format (up to 15 each week), you’ll receive experience points towards your current Mastery level. Additional XP may be available through special events or promotional items (such as codes). As you level up, you’ll receive rewards based on your current level.
What rewards can I earn?
All players can earn booster packs and a limited number of Mastery Orbs to unlock certain card styles. Additional rewards are available for players who have purchased a Mastery Pass.
What happens when a new set is released on MTG Arena?
When a new set is released on MTG Arena, a new Set Mastery reward track becomes available and your Set Mastery level is reset to 1.
Can I complete older Set Masteries?
There is currently no plans to allow players to complete Set Masteries for older sets. While you will keep any rewards you may have received from the previous Set Mastery, you will not be able to unlock any remaining rewards once the Set Mastery is no longer available.
What is the “Mastery Pass”? How is different than the Mastery System?
While all players have access to the base Mastery System, the Mastery Pass is an optional way for players to earn additional rewards through Set Mastery.
How much does the Mastery Pass cost?
The Mastery Pass can be purchased for 3,400 gems. Players can earn gems through rewards in certain events, or by purchasing them directly from the store.
What do I receive when I purchase the Ikoria Mastery Pass?
All players who purchase the Ikoria Mastery Pass will automatically receive the Regal Cub pet, as well as the Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast Avatar and Greatshark Basic Sleeve. Additionally, you will receive all the Mastery Pass rewards based on your current level, including any rewards from earlier levels you have not received.
If I purchased the Ikoria Mastery Pass, what happens when a new Set Mastery is released?
Each Mastery Pass is tied to a specific Set Mastery. Once a new Set Mastery is released, the older set (and its corresponding Mastery Pass) will no longer be available.
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more!
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Instant access to all exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code L95WR9JOWV to get 50% off the Annual plan!