First Sneak Peek of Zendikar Rising at Comic-Con@Home
Magic: The Gathering Head designer Mark Rosewater will give the first sneak peek of Zendikar Rising at Comic-Con@Home starting 12 PM PT, the upcoming expansion to be released September 17, 2020.
Here is the summary of the important points from video, thanks to the folks at the MagicTCG subreddit!
- Sets up the history of Zendikar as a land based plane in exploring land matters mechanics, including history of Rise of Eldrazi being a major shift from Adventure world, and then Oath of the Gatewatch.
- Zendikar Rising will aim to recapture the adventure plane Zendikar.
- Is a land set with “a lot of cool lands”.
- Full Art Basics return, as a staple of Zendikar.
- Many years ago Mark made six dual lands that he tried to get into a set. Finally find a home here.
- Brand new mechanic set – takes a popular theme that players like and twists it in a new way, “Zendikar’d it up” – a theme you’ve seen before but done in a new way.
- Two returning mechanics, both have appeared in a Zendikar set (e.g. Landfall, Allies)
- A bunch of legendary creatures will return, including one that gets another color! According to the product image, it looks like Omnath is also White.
- Jace, Nissa, and Nahiri are the three Planeswalkers in this set as mentioned by Mark and depicted in the product image.
- There will be a brand new product called the “Set Booster”. Check out the full article from Wizards here and find out exactly what the boosters will contain.
- Importantly, it contains cards from “The List”, which is a curated list from throughout Magic’s history. Cards from it will appear in 1 out of every 4 packs of the Set Booster and unfortunately will not be implemented on MTG Arena. Below are some example cards anyway: