MagicFest Online Season 1 Starts March 23 via MTG Arena
With MagicFest events cancelled at least until May, ChannelFireball are holding a new series of online Magic: The Gathering open tournaments called MagicFest Online – to be held on MTG Arena! The first season will be spread out over three weeks and will be structured as follows:
- The format will be best-of-three Standard.
- Daily Qualifiers held four times a day from March 23 to April 3 at 3 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM and 9 PM Pacific Time, each with $25 entry fee. Players who achieve a 5-1 or better record advance to the one of the two corresponding Weekly Championship.
- Weekly Championship is a two day tournament with a $25,000 prize pool and invites to the Players Tour. Similar to MagicFests, there will be 9 rounds on the first day, 6 rounds and a top 8 cutoff on the second day.
- The top 32 players of the Weekly Championship qualify for the Season Finals with a $50,000 prize pool and invites to the Players Tour.
- Coverage of the event will be held at http://www.twitch.tv/channelfireball, hosted by LSV and Huey Jensen. Players are encouraged to stream their run with a delay if desired.
You can find more information regarding the schedule and the structure at the ChannelFireball Events page and the Fact Sheet, with further details on how to enter (there is a 512 player cap for each daily qualifier event so spots are limited) to follow on Sunday. It will be all action over the next coming weeks before Ikoria previews start, as we wrap up Theros Beyond Death Standard. As usual, we will be posting decklists and meta snapshot as soon as they become available so watch this space!