Multiversus is the latest free-to-play crossover platform fighting game, featuring characters from the huge library of Warner Bros. Discovery catalog. From Shaggy, Batman, Bugs Bunny, and more iconic fighters, the game was released for Open Beta on July 26, 2022.
We’re excited to cover this awesome game over on our new DotGG gaming network – you can now go straight to https://dotgg.gg/multiversus/ for news, guides, and more! You can expect the same quality of content that you see here on MTG Arena Zone as we gear it up to be the best MultiVersus resource.
If you are a fan of fighting games, or even feeling nostalgic, and want a change in pace from card games, we recommend you check it out! To get you started, why not learn about how the game works with our brief introduction to MultiVersus? We look forward to seeing you there!
MultiVersus is a platform fighter that lets you team up with your friends using some of the most iconic characters including Batman, Shaggy, & more. Find your favorite fighter combos and save the Multiverse!
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Developer: Player First Games
- Release Date: 2022
- Platform: Windows PC / PlayStation / Xbox
- Genre: Fighting
MultiVersus is a platform fighter, akin to the hallmark game in its genre, Super Smash Bros. Players battle on different stages and attempt to knock their opponents outside the boundaries of the arena, with characters being knocked further the more damage they take. The game is primarily played in a 2-vs-2 format, though 1-vs-1 and free-for-all options are also available.
The game features characters (fighters) from franchises owned by Warner Bros, as well original characters made specifically for the game. From Bugs Bunny, Superman, to LeBron James, you are sure to find ones that you are familiar with! Each can be customized with various skins, perks (combat abilities), emotes, and more to your liking!
The game operates on a free-to-play model, where players can earn and unlock characters and cosmetics with in-game currency. Players will also get access to characters that are on a free rotation, so they get a chance to try them out before committing to them.
MultiVersus will be available for Open Beta on July 26 at 9 a.m. PDT! Currently, the game was available for Early Access if you watch a Twitch Drop stream for at least one hour and claiming the code or purchasing a limited time Founder’s Pack that also has in-game items. All progress is saved and will carry over the full game launch. Check out the Open Beta FAQ on the official website for detailed information.
- Characters: 18 characters to choose from, available for unlocking with in-game currency or as part of the free rotation.
- Maps: 7 unique maps.
- Modes: More than 8 ways to enjoy the game
The game will launch with 17 characters with more to be added continuously throughout its official first season, each with their unique kit of moves, perks, voice lines, and cosmetic customization options, including:
- Batman (DC) – voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Superman (DC) – voiced by George Newbern
- Wonder Woman (DC) – voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn (DC) – voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo) – voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Velma (Scooby-Doo) – voiced by Kate Mucucci
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes) – voiced by Eric Bauza
- Tasmanian Devil a.k.a. Taz (Looney Tunes) – voiced by Jim Cummings
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) – voiced by Maisie Williams
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) – voiced by John DiMaggio
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time) – voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe) – voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet (Steven Universe) – voiced by Estelle
- Tom & Jerry (Tom and Jerry) voiced by Eric Bauza
- Iron Giant (The Iron Giant) voiced by Jon Lipow
- Reindog (an extraordinary original creature)
A unique feature of MultiVersus is that each character can equip Perks to your fighters, which you can train as you level your character’s mastery level. They offer small combat bonuses that may give you that slight edge over your opponent depending on the strategies you deploy.
Now that you know the basics, be sure to check out more of our MultiVersus fighter starter guides:
- Arya Stark Starter Guide
- Batman Starter Guide
- Reindog Starter Guide
- Shaggy Starter Guide
- Tom and Jerry Starter Guide
- Wonder Woman Starter Guide
Good luck and see you in there!