Mythic Championship V Live Coverage – Javier Dominguez Takes the Crown
Welcome to Mythic Championship V! 68 players will be competing in best-of-three Standard Magic: The Gathering Arena matches for their share of the $750,000 prize pool. Be sure to tune into the highest level of Magic: The Gathering play!
The live broadcast of Mythic Championship V starts at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 4 PM UTC, for all three days from October 18 to October 20.
Thank you for joining us this weekend. We also aim to trial a text coverage in the next tournament so keep your eyes out for it!
- Mythic Championship V Decklists: All 68 decklists submitted by players – updated with standings and record at end of each day.
- Mythic Championship V Metagame Analysis: A breakdown of all the decklists and what we can expect from this tournament.
- MTG Arena Standard Decks – Metagame Tier List – October 2019: Our current list and explanations on all the Standard decks in the current metagame.
- Next Banned and Restricted Announcement to Come on October 21: The key date to watch out for tomorrow.
- Mythic Championship V Survival Guide: Everything you need to know about this tournament from the official source.
- Mythic Championship V Standings: All standings and results from the tournament, updated live.
A tense match between Javier Dominguez’s Gruul Aggro and Jean Emmanuel Depraz’s Bant Golos saw the current World Champion victorious on the biggest stage yet again. Jean Emmanuel Depraz also performed expertly in this tournament, being the only Golos player in the top 8, but it was not meant to be as defeating the aggro deck four times proved to be an uphill battle.
Top 8 Preview
The top 8 has been decided for the playoffs! The final brackets are as follows, in order. This is also a double elimination structure:
- Stanislav Cifka: Bant Ramp vs Javier Dominguez: Gruul Aggro
- Gabriel Nassif: Simic Food vs William Jensen: Simic Food
- Andrea Mengucci: Bant Food vs Lee Shi Tian: Mono Red Cavalcade
- Ken Yukuhiro: Mardu Knights vs Jean Emmanuel Depraz: Bant Golos
It has been an eventful 3 days, with a lots of discussions pending the banned and restricted announcement to come on Monday. Who will be crowned the champion of the tournament – will it be Golos, Oko, Embercleave or Torbran?
Day 2 Roundup
The second day of Mythic Championship V has concluded, with the top 8 now decided for tomorrow’s playoff. See the final standings and decklists here.
- Just one Golos deck made it to the top 8, with the aggro decks well equipped (with Embercleave!) to defeat them on their way in the second day.
- 4 of the Nissa ramp decks found its way to the top, showings its strength combined with the notorious turn two Oko fueld by Gilded Goose.
- Lee Shi Tian supports Hong Kong protests at the tournament on camera and makes it to the top 8! A masterful stroke on his deck choice also, as he anticipated Golos decks to be prevalent on day 2 which he dispatched several on his way.
Day 2 Preview
The second day of Mythic Championship V is about to begin – 24 top players from day 1 join the 4 Magic Pro League division winners to make 28 players vying for the top 8 spots. Today will also be another seven rounds of Standard Magic. The day 2 metagame consists of the following:
- 12 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim / Field of the Dead Decks
- 11 Oko, Thief of Crowns / Nissa, Who Shakes the World Ramp Decks
- 5 Aggro Decks
- 2 Mardu Knights
- 1 Selesnya Adventures
- 1 Gruul Aggro
- 1 Mono Red Cavalcade
Day 1 Roundup
The first day of Mythic Championship V has now concluded, with 24 of the top players going through to the second day. 4 players have already qualified for the second day via winning the Magic Pro League; Seth Manfield, Lee Shi Tian, Ben Stark and Carlos Romao will start their tournament fresh tomorrow.
Chris Kvartek was the talk of the tournament, who qualified via a MTG Arena qualifer weekend with a Mono Green Stompy deck. He masterfully navigated his way through the metagame with his version of the Simic Food deck which features Maraleaf Pixie. Tune in for the second day tomorrow at 9 AM PT!