Standard 2021 – FNM at Home Event Guide and Decklists
Today’s weekly FNM at Home event has returned to give you free stuff once again: you can receive a code for an Arena FNM Promo Pack from your local game store for participating (see details below). This week’s format is Standard 2021, a format comprised of just four sets: Throne of Eldraine, Theros: Beyond Death, Ikoria, and M21. It’s already been around for a couple of weeks and I know plenty of you have been getting into and having a blast with it already! Standard 2021 is a sneak peek into what the meta will look like post-rotation, although it’s an entirely different format, because Zendikar is likely to contain dual lands and other cards that shake up the meta immensely, so it’s best to enjoy it while it lasts. A lot of the boring old staples that have been mainstays in multiple Standard environments and that we’ve gotten sick of by now (looking at you, Nissa!) are gone, and 2021 is mostly a casual format so much of it is uncharted territory ripe for exploration and brewing!
Read on for more information and plenty of decklists you can use in the event!
- Duration: August 28, 2020 @ 12:00 AM PT – August 29, 2020 @ 12:00 AM PT
Note: It appears the event has started earlier than usually scheduled this week.
- Format: Standard 2021
- Entry Fee: Free
- Ends After: You can play as much as you like for the duration of the event.
- Match Structure: Best-of-one matches (BO1)
- 1 Win: Rare Individual Card Reward (ICR)
- 2 Wins: Rare Individual Card Reward (ICR)
You can also redeem one code for a MTG Arena Promo Pack every week, which will reward you two in-game cosmetic items – includes all 36 (the Ajani sleeve will be temporarily unavailable as it was recently featured as a separate reward). Sleeves featuring the Japanese Planeswalker alternate art, new Guild-themed sleeves, Ikoria card styles, the Tamiyo player avatar, and more. The code is obtained from your local game store’s online community, as outlined in the Wizard’s official article:
HOW TO GET A REWARD CODE FROM YOUR STORE
Some stores have robust online communities, and others will be forming them for the first time. If you’re already part of such a community, great! Check with them and get connected.
If you aren’t part of a local game store’s online community, or if they don’t have one set up, there are a couple ways you can get connected. One is to simply reach out to your store and ask (give them a little bit of time—many of them are getting this information today as well). Another is to head to locator.wizards.com to find your local game store’s website. Not every store has a website on there right now, but our teams here are reaching out to our stores to help them set up options and connect them to our store locator. Many of them will be setting up online communities through Discord, WhatsApp, and Facebook, so you may have to join or download one of those applications.
Step-by-step, here’s how it works:
- Play in the event (win or lose as much as you want)
- Take a screenshot of your event page
- Go to locator.wizards.com to find your local game store’s website
- Join their social media channel
- Share your screenshot with a nice message on their channel
- Store will message you a code* through that social media channel
*Note: While supplies last. Not all stores are participating. Limit one code per account. Sharing a screenshot with your local game store does not guarantee you will receive a code.
If you cannot find an appropriate store or just don’t want to bother with the whole process, you can buy the codes directly from trusted MTG Arena code vendors such as Gray Viking Games. For a few dollars, you can instantly obtain the code to the MTG Arena Promo Pack as well as codes from other products such as Prerelease, Planeswalker decks, Secret Lair sleeves, and more. For more information of MTG Arena codes, consult our full guide. Be sure to check them out!
Standard 2021 Decklists
I’ve brewed up several new lists from archetypes that the site’s selection wasn’t covering already, so there’s a vast array of options available to you! Just pick any that look interesting and cool to you/that you have the cards for.
Here are all our other Standard 2021 decks, already in the database. Test them out, brew with them, swap some cards in and out, and let us know what you come up with!
Thanks for reading!
- My last article was a strategy article on common mistakes experienced players make and how to avoid them, which you can find here.
- Our site provides decks for almost every Arena event, so just check back whenever you need them – here’s the event schedule.
- Join the MTG Arena Zone Discord and connect with your favourite content creators, myself included!