MTG Arena’s November update is now live! Here are the highlights of today’s update:
- Historic Ranked Queue live until January 2020 when Theros: Beyond Death releases
- Historic Anthology 1 cards now available
- Historic Anthology Launch Event live until November 25
- The development team has been focusing on performance improvements to the client, leading to the delay of the friends list feature
GAME UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
- Historic Anthology – 20 news cards from across Magic‘s history, a special launch event, and ranked best-of-three queue.
- Performance Improvements
- Due to issues with scaling, we have delayed Friends List. We will have more information and an updated timeline once it becomes available.
- Historic Anthology 1 is here! Click here to learn more.
- Historic Best-of-Three Ranked Ladder is now live!
- It is currently scheduled to be available for play until January 15, 2020.Introducing Historic Individual Card Rewards (ICRs)
- Historic ICRs consist of cards from sets that have rotated out of Standard:
- Note: They can include older versions of cards that may be legal in Standard because they also appear in a Standard legal set (e.g. Opt from Dominaria)
- They currently do NOT include cards from Historic Anthology 1
- They can be uncommon (with an upgrade rate to rare/mythic rare) or rare/mythic rare.
- If rare/mythic rare, each rare appears twice as frequently as each mythic. If uncommon, each uncommon is equally likely to be awarded.
- As of November 18, 2019 Once Upon a Time, Veil of Summer, and Oko, Thief of Crowns are banned in Standard play.
- Players who logged in after the announcement have received a notification in-game regarding the ban
- Players receive a rare Wildcard for copes of each card in their collection prior to this update
- This is includes a one-time grant. Players who craft/receive these cards after this grant will not receive Wildcards.
- Oko, Thief of Crowns and Once Upon a Time have been removed from Individual Card Rewards (ICRs)
- Players can still receive Veil of Summer, but will continue to receive vault progress for any copies they receive beyond a playset.
- When crafting these cards using Wildcards, players now receive a warning notification that the card is banned in Standard (this does not prevent the cards from being crafted, but provides an extra warning step)
- When joining the Play queue, decks that contain these cards are considered “Historic”
- We’ve reworked the Mulligan browser, emphasizing important information (like who goes first) and shifting things you’re unlikely to need to read more than once (like mulligan rules) out to a pop-up.
- We now emphasize the projected autotap solution as you pull out a card to play.
- This should give players a better chance to catch solutions that aren’t doing what they want.
- Tweaked how smart priority works for players with cards that have abilities like crew or animate.
- We now provide a smart stop in cases where an action-cost component for a mana ability has been targeted.
- For example, if your Food token is targeted while you control a Golden Goose, you’ll now automatically hold priority.
- We made a change to the confirmation when sacrificing Food:
- Previously, clicking on the card would confirm the choice.
- Now you only confirm by actually clicking the button that pops up.
- The browser for selecting which side of a card with Adventure to cast now has accompanying SFX
- Realm-Cloaked Giant now has SFX when choosing between Adventure and Creature
- Added an additional 20 seconds for sideboarding during best-of-three matches
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Most players should see a reduction in frequency and severity of hitching/stuttering, particularly during matches
- Performance degradation and memory usage after longer period of play is still under investigation.
- For more information, please refer to our latest performance check-in.
- Various changes to Throne of Eldraine bot draft picks to encourage a more diverse drafting experience
HISTORIC ANTHOLOGY EVENT
Event Dates: November 21 – November 24
Entry Fee: 200 Gems or 1000 Gold
Format: Best-of-one Historic (Nexus of Fate is banned.)
Event Record: Rewards up to 5 wins, losses are not counted
- 5 Wins: Card Style of Fauna Shaman
- 4 Wins: Card style of Hypnotic Specter
- 3 Wins: Card style of Serra Ascendant
- 2 Wins: Card style of Goblin Matron
- 1 Win: Card style of Treasure Hunt
Note: While the rewards can only be earned once, you can keep playing! Additional games will count towards quest progression as well as Weekly and Daily Win rewards
HISTORIC PAUPER EVENT
Event Dates: November 28 – December 1
Entry Fee: 100 Gems or 500 Gold
Format: Historic Pauper
Event Record: 4 wins or 2 losses
- 4 wins: 600 Gold, 1 Rare and Mythic Historic ICR, 2 Uncommon Historic ICRs (5% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic)
- 3 wins: 450 Gold, 1 Uncommon Historic ICR (35% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic), 2 Uncommon Historic ICRs (5% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic)
- 2 wins: 300 Gold, 1 Uncommon Historic ICR (25% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic), 2 Uncommon Historic ICRs (5% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic)
- 1 win: 150 Gold, 1 Uncommon Historic ICR (15% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic), 2 Uncommon Historic ICRs (5% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic)
- 0 wins: 3 Uncommon Historic ICRs (5% chance to upgrade to Rare/Mythic)
TEN LIFE DRAFT
Event Dates: December 6 – December 8
Entry Fee: 5000 Gold or 750 Gems
Format: Best-of-one Throne of Eldraine draft. Players start the game at 10 life.
Event Record: Play until 7 wins or 3 losses
- 7 Wins: 950 Gems + 2 Packs
- 6 Wins: 850 Gems + 1 Pack + 40% Bonus Pack
- 5 Wins: 650 Gems + 1 Pack + 35% Bonus Pack
- 4 Wins: 450 Gems + 1 Pack + 30% Bonus Pack
- 3 Wins: 300 Gems + 1 Pack + 26% Bonus Pack
- 2 Wins: 200 Gems + 1 Pack + 24% Bonus Pack
- 1 Win: 100 Gems + 1 Pack + 22% Bonus Pack
- 0 Wins: 50 Gems + 1 Pack + 20% Bonus Pack
Note: All pack rewards are from Throne of Eldraine.
Historic Anthology 1
This bundle contains 4x copies of all 20 new-to-Historic cards!
Soul Warden, Distant Melody, Treasure Hunt, Tendrils of Corruption, Goblin Matron, Kiln Fiend, Elvish Visionary, Mind Stone, Ornithopter, Burning-Tree Emissary, Kinsbaile Cavalier, Hypnotic Specter, Imperious Perfect, Cryptbreaker, Fauna Shaman, Darksteel Reactor, Captain Sisay, Phyrexian Arena, Hidetsugu's Second Rite, Serra Ascendant.
Cost: 3,400 Gems
Court Knights Bundle
This bundle contains a unique Exquisite Sleeve and Avatar.
- The Ardenvale Exquisite Sleeve will be available as part of the Court Knights Bundle in the store.
- New Cosmetic | The Ardenvale Knight Avatar will be available as a part of the Court Knights Bundle in the store.
- Card Styles for Acclaimed Contender, Tournament Grounds, Blacklance Paragon, The Circle of Loyalty
Cost: 3,000 Gems
Adventures Abound Bundle
Cost: 600 Gems
Animated Armory Bundle
Cost: 1,400 Gems
Familiar Faces Bundle
Cost: 3,000 Gold
Aggressive Negotiations Bundle
Cost: 3,000 Gold
Uncovered Artifacts Bundle
Cost: 3,000 Gold
CARD STYLE SALES
- Lochmere Serpent: Now 500 Gems
- Stolen by the Fae: Now 500 Gems
- Robber of the Rich: Now 600 Gems
- Outlaws’ Merriment: Now 600 Gems
- Feisty Food Bundle
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- Twice is Nice Bundle
- Lands Foretold Bundle
- Showcase Bundles (Knightly Honor, Deadly Secrets, Walk in the Woods)
- Card Style Sales:
Note: All showcase card styles from the Festival of the Fae events and Store Bundles are now available inside the Deckbuilder for individual gem purchases.
- Outmuscle no longer adds Indestructible to the Adventure side of creatures with Adventures.
- Forever Young no longer treats the returned cards as revealed after they’re on the deck/drawn.
- Casting Quasiduplicate on a Mirrormade that has been turned into a creature with Dance of the Manse when the only Enchantments for it to copy were Auras now functions as intended.
- Exiling an Adventure card using Thief of Sanity now shows the full card instead of just the creature side.
- Memory Theft shows appropriate messaging for which cards to choose.
- Abilities placed on the stack by Tokens now display the correct card frame.
- Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God’s +1 ability now plays the correct VFX
- Assigning stacked creatures to block one by one now has correct stacking priorities.
- Match reconnections have been improved. Players should no longer see a black screen when reconnecting.
- You can now view cards in Exile when you have a browser open and you choose View Battlefield.
- We addressed an issue with the Sideboarding timer where the server-side timer and client-side timers could be up out of sync.
- Sundering Stroke VFX has been corrected.
- VFXs that dim the battlefield now correctly clear if the card that triggered the VFX is destroyed as it enters the battlefield.
- Canceling a browser that plays a SFX no longer results in an audio loop
- Some overlays cannot be dismissed by clicking above the overlay
- The incorrect text color is used in the Store for Historic bundles
- Adventure cards may have incorrect text color when card styles are used
- Full-art lands are missing their border artwork while on the battlefield
- Some areas of the deck editor may become improperly dimmed
- Emblems may go partially off-screen when moused over
- When an ability of a token created by a spell is put onto the stack, the background of its CDC is now the color of the token.
Source: NOV 21 – 1.02.00.00 Game Update