MTG Tournament Strategy: Open Decklist Events
Some years ago, every high level tournament had closed decklists - you never knew what people were playing until you got to round one, when there would then be a rush to find out what the most popular pros were on. For a couple of years now, high-level tournaments have mostly been open decklists (meaning you have access to your opponent’s entire list as soon as you sit down to play against them), which is a change that is very divisive both in t...
This exclusive content is available for Premium members!
Support MTG Arena Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your gaming experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon!
Already a member?
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more!
Paulo Vitor "PVDDR" Damo da Rosa has been a professional Magic: the Gathering player and writer for over 20 years. He was Player of the Year in 2017, World Champion in 2020, and is tied for most Top Finishes in history with 17. He will play whichever decks he thinks are the best, but his favorite style is aggro-control. Other than Magic, PV is also a fan of watching TV shows, reading fantasy novels and playing several other games such as Bridge, LoL, TFT, Storybook Brawl, Baldur's Gate 2 and Diablo 2.