Magic: The Gathering’s The Brothers’ War expansion comes with a set of separate cards in retro card frames called the Retro Artifacts. These are 63 reprints of various artifacts from Magic’s past, including iconic ones such as Wurmcoil Engine.
In this guide, we will go through how these cards are obtained and display the full list of spoilers and cards for this set.
|Release Date||MTG Arena: November 15, 2022|
Tabletop: November 18, 2022
|Cards||Base Set: 63|
- Retro frame artifact classics feature their own set symbol and can be found in Draft Boosters, Set Boosters, and Collector Boosters.
- Cards come in uncommon, rare and mythic rare rarities, even if the card was previously at common rarity (such as Jalum Tome).
- Plus, there will be a second, special set of retro frame artifacts with artwork that echoes a schematic one would use to build their own. These can also generally be found in Draft Boosters, Set Boosters, and Collector Boosters.
- For the first time in a Magic booster product, there will be serialized versions of cards that will list how many exist, and which one you have. There will be 500 of each serialized retro schematic, which feature double-rainbow foiling in The Brothers’ War Collector Boosters. Each one will be numbered with their number out of 500, and they’ll only be available in Collector Boosters.
- These cards are not part of the main set, and only legal in the format they are originally allowed in and are not part of Standard.
- They are legal for Limited (Sealed and Draft) play.
- Similarly to the Mystical Archive in Strixhaven, all Retro Frame Artifact cards will be available in MTG Arena for Limited.
- All other cards will also be legal for Historic, with the exception of Mishra's Bauble that will be banned for Historic play.