Strixhaven Mastery and Mastery Pass
The Mastery system for the Strixhaven expansion is a way for players to receive in-game content through regular gameplay. It runs from April 15th, 2021 until the release of the next expansion Adventures in the Forgotten Realms on July 8th, 2021. Players earn rewards based on their current Set Mastery level, which varies for each specific Set Mastery.
Mastery Level and Experience
A player’s Set Mastery level is based on the amount of experience they have earned through play. Players primarily earn experience by completing in-game Daily Quests, Daily Wins and Weekly Wins. Additional experience may be earned by limited time events or promotional items.
- Use the Mastery Calculator to predict what your final level will be, which can differ depending on how much you play.
- There are a total of 90 levels available in the Set Mastery with each level up requiring 1000 XP. All players receive rewards through Level 72, while players with the Mastery Pass will receive rewards up to Level 90 and beyond.
- All levels past level 90 will earn the player one Uncommon Individual Card Reward (ICR) that has a 5% upgrade rate.
- XP and Orbs from the previous Mastery are not transferred to this one, nor to the next Mastery.
- Players earn Mastery XP via playing the game regularly for a daily total of slightly over 1000 XP and a total of 7250 XP per week. Wins can be earned in any game mode; with the exception of Direct Challenge, and Bot Matches:
- Codes: To be announced.
- Events: To be announced.
There are two separate tracks of reward you can earn. Each will be explained below, along with a table of the rewards gained at each level including the Mastery Tree:
- Set Mastery
- Mastery Pass
The base standard rewards all players receive. You earn a booster pack of the current set every two levels, up to a certain amount depending on the length.
- 36x Strixhaven boosters
- 5 Orbs (each can be redeemed for a card style or avatar on the Strixhaven Mastery Tree)
- Dina, Soul Steeper avatar (obtainable from the Strixhaven Mastery Tree)
- Killian, Ink Duelist avatar (obtainable from the Strixhaven Mastery Tree)
- Zimone, Quadrix Prodigy avatar (obtainable from the Strixhaven Mastery Tree)
- Rootha, Mercurial Artist avatar (obtainable from the Strixhaven Mastery Tree)
- Quintorius, Field Historian avatar (obtainable from the Strixhaven Mastery Tree)
CARDS AND BOOSTERS
- 20x booster packs (3x STX, 3x KHM, 3x ZNR, 3x M21, 3x IKO, 3x THB, 2x ELD)
- 10x Strixhaven mythic rare Individual Card Rewards (ICRs)
- 5x Mystical Archive ICRs
- Level 91+: 1x Uncommon ICR
- Professor of Zoomancy card sleeve
- Silverquill Archon Exquisite card sleeve
- 25 Orbs (each can be redeemed for a card style or avatar on the Strixhaven Mastery Tree)
- 15x Common card styles
- 10x Uncommon card styles
- 1 Player Draft Token (can be redeemed for either a Premier or Traditional Draft)
GOLD AND GEMS
- 4,000 gold
- 1,200 gems
- 5 Magic Book Pets (2 tiers each)
Mastery Reward Track
To be announced.
To be announced.
Mastery System FAQ
What is the Mastery System?
The Mastery System is a way for players to earn experience and unlock rewards by playing Magic: The Gathering Arena.
What’s the difference between “Account Mastery” and “Set Mastery”?
Players complete the Account Mastery system as part of the new player experience, which unlocks the 15 starter decks as well as certain cosmetics. With Core Set 2020, we’ve expanded this system to now include Set Mastery system which will be specific to each new Standard set on Magic: The Gathering Arena.
Does the Mastery System cost anything?
All players receive access to the Account Mastery and standard Set Mastery at no additional cost. Players can unlock additional rewards for the Set Mastery by purchasing a Mastery Pass.
Does the Mastery System ever reset?
The Account Mastery is part of our new player experience and may only be completed once. Your Set Mastery level and rewards will reset with the release of every new Standard set on MTG Arena.
How long is each Set Mastery available?
Set Masteries are available for the most recent Standard set, starting on the day the set is released and ending when the next set is released.
How do I earn rewards?
By play! Every time you complete a quest, or earn one of your daily wins (up to 10), or earn one of your weekly wins (up to 15), you’ll receive experience points towards your current Mastery level. Additional XP may be available through special events or promotional items (such as codes). As you level up, you’ll receive rewards based on your current level.
Methods of earning XP include:
· Daily Wins – 25 XP for the first 10 wins per day
· Weekly Wins – 250 XP for the first 15 wins per week
· Quests – 500 XP for each quest completed
· (Other – occasionally there are codes or special events that reward XP.)
What rewards can I earn?
All players can earn up to 30 booster packs from the most recent set, as well as 5 mastery orbs that can be used to unlock certain card styles. Additional rewards are available for players who have purchased a Mastery Pass.
What happens when a new set is released on MTG Arena?
When a new set is released on MTG Arena, a new Set Mastery reward track becomes available and your Set Mastery level is reset to 0.
Can I complete older Set Masteries?
There are currently no plans to allow players to complete Set Masteries for older sets. While you will keep any rewards you may have received from the previous Set Mastery, you will not be able to unlock any remaining rewards once the Set Mastery is no longer available.
What is the “Mastery Pass”? How is different than the Mastery System?
While all players have access to the base Mastery System, the Mastery Pass is an optional way for players to earn additional rewards through Set Mastery.
How much does the Mastery Pass cost?
The Mastery Pass can be purchased for 3,400 gems. Players can earn gems through rewards in certain events, or by purchasing them directly from the store.
What do I receive when I purchase the Mastery Pass?
All players who purchase the Mastery Pass will automatically receive the common Elemental-Themed pet, as well as the Nahiri, Heir of the Ancientsplayer avatar and Zendikar Rising card sleeve.
What else is included in Mastery Pass?
In addition to the common Elemental pet and the Nahiri Heir of the Ancients player avatar and Zendikar Rising card sleeve, the Mastery Pass includes additional rewards players can earn as the level up. These rewards include up to 20 additional boosters, 1200 gems, Uncommon and Rare versions of the Elemental Pet, 4000 gold, premium card sleeves, and more.
In short – a lot!
If I purchased a Mastery Pass, what happens when a new Set Mastery is released?
Each Mastery Pass is tied to a specific Set Mastery. Once a new Set Mastery is released, the older set (and it’s corresponding Mastery Pass) will no longer be available.
What are Pets?
Pets are a cosmetic feature that adds a companion creature to your collection. Pets will join you on the battlefield and observe your matches from the sidelines. Please Note: Pets do not offer any additional game play features. It is a cosmetic option only.
How do I add pets to my collection?
Currently, pets are only available through our Mastery Pass bundle.
How do I see which pets I’ve collected?
On your Profile page, you will find a “Pet Selection” option next to the “Change Avatar” button. This will open a browser where you can view the pets in your collection, as well as choose which to display on the battlefield.
How do I change the appearance of my pet?
You can swap the color of your pet while they are on the battlefield. Simply click your pet, and watch them transform! Additionally, as you complete your Set Mastery your pet will level up alongside you, unlocking an Uncommon and Rare version with additional changes to their appearance.