Table of Contents
- The Lost Caverns of Ixalan Mastery Level and Experience
- The LOST CAVERNS OF IXALAN SET MASTERY
- The LOST CAVERNS OF IXALAN MASTERY PASS
- CARDS AND Packs
- CARD SLEEVES
- CARD STYLES
- EVENT TOKENS
- GOLD AND GEMS
- HOW MANY LEVELS ARE THERE IN THE LOST CAVERNS OF IXALAN SET MASTERY?
- Reward Track
- Mastery Tree
- Mastery System FAQ
- Set Mastery FAQ
- Mastery Pass FAQ
- Pets FAQ
The Mastery system for The Lost Caverns of Ixalan (LCI) on MTG Arena is a way for players to receive in-game content through regular gameplay. It runs from November 14, 2023 until the release of the next major expansion Murders at Karlov Manor on February, 2023. Players earn rewards based on their current Set Mastery level, which varies for each specific Set Mastery.
Important note: When the WOE patch releases and the new Mastery starts, players get a fresh set of Daily Quests, as well as a rest of the Daily Wins and Weekly Wins. Be sure to complete what you have active already, and advance your current Mastery as much as possible!
Below is the full breakdown of the Mastery.
The Lost Caverns of Ixalan Mastery Level and Experience
- Duration: Set Mastery spans the duration of a set release, starting when the applicable set releases on MTG Arena until the following set is released. The Lost Caverns of Ixalan Mastery runs from November 14, 2023 until the release of the next major expansion, Murders at Karlov Manor on February 6, 2024.
- Cost: The March of the Machine Mastery Pass costs 3,400 Gems.
A player’s Set Mastery level is based on the amount of experience they have earned through play. Players primarily earn experience by completing in-game Daily Quests, Daily Wins and Weekly Wins. Additional experience may be earned by limited time events or promotional items. You can also use the Mastery Calculator to predict what your final level will be, which can differ depending on how much you play!
- There are a total of 90 levels available in the Set Mastery with each level up requiring 1000 XP. All players receive rewards through Level 72, while players with the Mastery Pass will receive rewards up to Level 90 and beyond.
- All levels past level 90 will earn the player one Uncommon Individual Card Reward (ICR) that has a 5% upgrade rate.
- XP and Orbs from the previous Mastery are not transferred to this one, nor to the next Mastery.
- Players earn Mastery XP via playing the game regularly for a daily total of slightly over 1000 XP and a total of 7250 XP per week. Wins can be earned in any game mode; with the exception of Direct Challenge, and Bot Matches:
- Codes: Any existing free promotional codes can be redeemed to receive bonus XP:
- LevelUp: 2,000 XP
- Events: Sometimes, there are catch-up events or free to enter events that grant Mastery as a bonus.
There are two separate tracks of reward you can earn. Each will be explained below, along with a table of the rewards gained at each level including the Mastery Tree (to be published soon):
- Set Mastery
- Mastery Pass
The LOST CAVERNS OF IXALAN SET MASTERY
- 33 The Lost Caverns of Ixalan packs
- 5 Mastery Orbs (each redeemable for a card style or a avatar on The Lost Caverns of Ixalan Mastery Tree)
The LOST CAVERNS OF IXALAN MASTERY PASS
- Quintorius Kand
- Sovereign Okinec Ahau (Mastery Tree)
- Admiral Brass (Mastery Tree)
- Vito, Fanatic of Aclazotz (Mastery Tree)
- Gishath, Sun's Avatar (Mastery Tree)
- Huatli, Poet of Unity (Mastery Tree)
CARDS AND Packs
- 20 packs:
- 4 The Lost Caverns of Ixalan
- 4 Wilds of Eldraine
- 4 March of the Machine
- 4 Phyrexia: All Will Be One
- 4 The Brothers’ War
- 11 The Lost Caverns of Ixalan mythic rare individual card rewards (ICRs)
- Level 91+: 1 uncommon ICR
- Lost Caverns sleeve
- Bat Rider exquisite sleeve
- 25 Mastery Orbs (each redeemable for a card style or sleeve on the The Lost Caverns of Ixalan Mastery Tree)
- 15 Common card styles
- 10 Uncommon card styles
- 1 Player Draft token (redeemable for either a Premier or Traditional Draft)
GOLD AND GEMS
- 4,000 Gold
- 1,200 Gems
- Common Raptor
- Uncommon Raptor
- Rare Raptor
HOW MANY LEVELS ARE THERE IN THE LOST CAVERNS OF IXALAN SET MASTERY?
The Lost Caverns of Ixalan set mastery goes up to level 90. All players receive rewards through level 72, while players with the Mastery Pass will receive rewards up to level 90—and beyond!
Using earned Orbs, the following Card Styles and Sleeves are available from the Set Mastery Reward Tree:
- Coming soon!
Mastery System FAQ
The Mastery System is a way for players to earn experience and unlock rewards by playing Magic: The Gathering Arena.
Players complete the Account Mastery system as part of the new player experience, which unlocks the 15 starter decks as well as certain cosmetics. With Core Set 2020, we’ve expanded this system to now include Set Mastery system which will be specific to each new Standard set on Magic: The Gathering Arena.
All players receive access to the Account Mastery and standard Set Mastery at no additional cost. Players can unlock additional rewards for the Set Mastery by purchasing a Mastery Pass.
The Account Mastery is part of our new player experience and may only be completed once. Your Set Mastery level and rewards will reset with the release of every new Standard set on MTG Arena.
The next Mastery season begins with The Brothers' Waron November 10, 2022 (tabletop release: November 18, 2022).
Set Mastery FAQ
Set Masteries are available for the most recent Standard set, starting on the day the set is released and ending when the next set is released.
The Set Mastery goes up to Level 70. All players receive rewards through level 66, while players with the Mastery Pass will receive rewards up to level 70 and beyond (an uncommon Individual Card Reward every level).
By play! Every time you complete a quest, or earn one of your daily wins (up to 10), or earn one of your weekly wins (up to 15), you’ll receive experience points towards your current Mastery level. Additional XP may be available through special events or promotional items (such as codes). As you level up, you’ll receive rewards based on your current level.
Methods of earning XP include:
· Daily Wins – 25 XP for the first 10 wins per day
· Weekly Wins – 250 XP for the first 15 wins per week
· Quests – 500 XP for each quest completed
· (Other – occasionally there are codes or special events that reward XP.)
All players can earn up to 30 booster packs from the most recent set, as well as 5 mastery orbs that can be used to unlock certain card styles. Additional rewards are available for players who have purchased a Mastery Pass.
When a new set is released on MTG Arena, a new Set Mastery reward track becomes available and your Set Mastery level is reset to 0.
There are currently no plans to allow players to complete Set Masteries for older sets. While you will keep any rewards you may have received from the previous Set Mastery, you will not be able to unlock any remaining rewards once the Set Mastery is no longer available.
Mastery Pass FAQ
While all players have access to the base Mastery System, the Mastery Pass is an optional way for players to earn additional rewards through Set Mastery.
The Mastery Pass can be purchased for 3,400 gems. Players can earn gems through rewards in certain events, or by purchasing them directly from the store.
All players who purchase the Mastery Pass will automatically receive the common Elemental-Themed pet, as well as the Nahiri, Heir of the Ancientsplayer avatar and Zendikar Rising card sleeve.
In addition to the cosmetic rewards, players can get a variable amount of Gold, Gems, Boosters, Tokens, depending on the length of the Mastery.
Each Mastery Pass is tied to a specific Set Mastery. Once a new Set Mastery is released, the older set (and it’s corresponding Mastery Pass) will no longer be available.
Pets are a cosmetic feature that adds a companion creature to your collection. Pets will join you on the battlefield and observe your matches from the sidelines. Please Note: Pets do not offer any additional game play features. It is a cosmetic option only.
Currently, pets are only available through our Mastery Pass bundle.
On your Profile page, you will find a u0022Pet Selectionu0022 option next to the u0022Change Avataru0022 button. This will open a browser where you can view the pets in your collection, as well as choose which to display on the battlefield.
You can swap the color of your pet while they are on the battlefield. Simply click your pet, and watch them transform! Additionally, as you complete your Set Mastery your pet will level up alongside you, unlocking an Uncommon and Rare version with additional changes to their appearance.