Welcome to the first (unexpected) Festival of Monsters event, where we can obtain the showcase card styles for the creatures with Mutate in Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths. This week, we see the return of Treasure Constructed, where ramping and mana fixing is the name of the game. Read on to find out how the event works and our decklists for this event!
Watch your mana accelerate as impressively as the monsters of this epic and dangerous plane in this week’s Festival of Monsters event! At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, you’ll create an artifact Treasure token which you can sacrifice for a mana of any color.
The following cards are banned:
– Agent of Treachery
– Blood Aspirant
– Woodland Champion
– Lavinia, Azorius Renegade
– Mayhem Devil
– Korvold, Fae-Cursed King
– Karn, the Great Creator
- Duration: May 9, 2020 at 12:00 AM PST – May 11, 2020 at 12:00 AM PST
- Format: Standard Treasure Constructed
- Entry Fee: 500 Gems or 2500 Gold
- Ends After: You can keep playing, but rewards do not go past five wins.
- Match Structure: Best-of-one matches (BO1)
- 1 Win: Cubwarden Card Style
- 2 Wins: Sea-Dasher Octopus Card Style
- 3 Wins: Dirge Bat Card Style
- 4 Wins: Everquill Phoenix Card Style
- 5 Wins: Gemrazer Card Style
We covered some potential things you can be doing back in February when the Theros event came around. As such, we tried to showcase a variety of options to exploit the Treasure Tokens. For this event, Agent of Treachery was added to the existing banlist, which is the talk of Standard at the moment. Being able to ramp into it even faster will not make for a fun time! Addition of Companions also change the deck building dynamics a bit, since theoretically you could even include them in decks that don’t belong in their colors. Otherwise, the event is pretty flexible in terms of what you can do and aggro decks such as Mono Red or Lurrus Sacrifice seem to be a good first choice if you want to get the event over and done with quickly.
As always, let us know how you went in the comments below and throughout the weekend we will be adding more decks here so check back often!