Innistrad: Midnight Hunt (MID) will be officially coming to MTG Arena on September 16th, 2021 at around 8 AM PST (3 PM UTC)! Below we have compiled all the information and resources to get you prepared for patch day, so you don’t miss out on anything – especially all the content that we will be posting over the coming days.
Release Date and Time
As per the course for major patches, Wizards of the Coast will be releasing the patch at around 8 AM PST and begin server maintenance which lasts for about 4 hours.
Though there is no downtime planned, we advice caution to players that want to play as soon as the game updates. Be sure to track the maintenance progress on the official MTG Arena Status Page for the latest update.
The full patch notes will be available once the maintenance is finished. Any technical issues and support should be directed on the official Wizards of the Coast website. In the mean time, review the State of the Game and the Announcement:
At long last, Throne of Eldraine, Theros Beyond Death, Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths and Core Set 2021 will be rotating out of Standard. For more details, our guide has the full scoop on how everything works:
If you just want to check out the cards and digest all the information while you Brainstorm your new potential brews, below is the full card gallery. There are 281 + 121 cards in total:
Innistrad: Midnight Hunt brings three mechanics specific to the set. For a more detailed rundown, click here.
Day and Night
Some double faced cards can transform depending on whether the game is in daybound or nightbound state. Not casting any spells during the turn will make the game turn into night, and casting at least two spells will change it back to day again.
The Disturb mechanic involves more double faced cards! These allow you to get more value out of one card by being able to cast it from the graveyard on its transformed side.
Coven is a keyword mechanic that triggers, can be activated or adds an effect to instants or sorceries if you control three or more creatures with different powers.
The full event line up from September until the release of Innistrad: Crimson Vow on November 11 has been published! We will be updating our Event Calendar accordingly.
- August 12 – October 14: Jumpstart: Historic Horizons
- August 27 – September 17: Forgotten Realms Quick Draft
- September 16 – October 8: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Sealed
- September 16 – November 11: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Premier Draft
- September 16 – November 11: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Traditional Draft
- September 17 – October 1: Strixhaven: School of Mages Quick Draft
- September 21 – September 23: Midweek Magic – Brawl
- September 24 – September 27: Standard Metagame Challenge
- September 28- September 30: Midweek Magic – Standard Artisan
- October 1 – October 4: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Constructed
- October 1 – October 15: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Quick Draft
- October 5 – October 7: Midweek Magic – Momir
- October 12 – October 14: Midweek Magic – Historic Shakeup
- October 14 – November 11: Jumpstart: Jump In!
- October 14 – October 19: Festival: Harvest Fair (Presconstructed)
- October 16 – October 17: Arena Open (Standard)
- October 19 – October 21: Midweek Magic – On the Edge (3 Set Standard)
- October 22 – October 26: Festival: Harvest Bash (Standard Singleton)
- October 22 – October 25: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Draft Challenge
- October 26 – October 28: Midweek Magic – Historic Brawl
- October 28 – November 4: The Edge of Night (Singleton)
- October 29 – November 5: Ravnica Mixer Premier Draft
- October 29 – November 12: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Quick Draft
With every new set we should be getting a new promo code for 3 free packs, PlayMID. You won’t be able claim it until the patch drops!
There is also an additional code for 4000 Mastery XP as the Weekly Wins have not been reset with the latest patch.
Remember to redeem the codes PARCELMYR and SCALEUP before they expire on September 15 8 AM PT! You won’t be able to carry over the Mastery XP over to the next set.
For more codes, check out our guide in the link below.
- PlayMID: 3 Innistrad: Midnight Hunt packs
- BORROWEDTIME: 4000 Mastery XP
This set is full of powerful cards that is bound to make Standard a very interesting format, at least for the first few weeks! Check out our Standard and Historic articles for the new format and get ahead of your opponents:
Our quality limited guides are here to help you win your drafts, ahead of the curve from everybody else! The limited set reviews and corresponding tier list by pro Rival League member Chris Kvartek and limited guides by Compulsion:
Mastery and Mastery Pass
New set, new Set Mastery! The contents are shown in the link below, and the full track will be updated once they are revealed. We have also updated our Mastery Calculator accordingly.
Be sure to finish off your current Strixhaven Mastery as much as you can. Also note that Daily Quests and Daily Wins will be reset again when the patch goes live, so be sure to complete what you have active already!