On the Edge – Kaldheim Festival Event Guide and Decklists
This weekend we’re going to have access to two different iterations of Standard: On the Edge and the Standard Shakeup. While my good friend Drifter is going to talk about the Shakeup, I get to talk about On the Edge! On the Edge is a reduced set Standard where we only have access to the 3 most recent sets (Core Set 2021, Zendikar Rising, and Kaldheim).
This is particularly exciting as Standard has been mostly dominated by cards from Throne of Eldraine and Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths for so long it’s hard to imagine what it would look like with them gone. Well, now you won’t have to imagine! Below is information about the event itself and 8 fresh decklists you can immediately run into queue with or use as inspiration for your own decks! Have fun!
- Duration: March 20, 2021 at 8:00 AM – March 23, 2021 at 8:00 AM
- Format: 3 Set Standard
- Entry Fee: 2500 Gold or 500 Gems
- Ends After: You can keep playing, but rewards do not go past six wins.
- Match Structure: Best-of-one matches (BO1)
- 1 Win: Reaper Shrug sticker emote
- 2 Wins: Kardur, Doomscourge card style
- 3 Wins: Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire card style
- 4 Wins: Halvar, God of Battle card style