Singleton – FNM at Home Event Guide and Decklists
Today’s weekly FNM at Home event has returned to give you free stuff once again! Grab a code for an Arena FNM Promo Pack from your local game store for participating (find details below). This week’s format is Singleton, where your Standard decks are limited to a maximum of one copy of any card, excluding basic lands. Read on for more information and for a whole bunch of decklists you can use!
- Duration: October 1, 2020 @ 4 PM PT – October 3, 2020 @ 12 AM PT
- Format: Singleton
- Entry Fee: Free
- Ends After: You can play as much as you like for the duration of the event.
- Match Structure: Best-of-one matches (BO1)
- 1 Win: Rare Individual Card Reward (ICR)
- 2 Wins: Rare Individual Card Reward (ICR)
You can also redeem one code for a MTG Arena Promo Pack every week, which will reward you two in-game cosmetic items – includes all 36 (the Ajani sleeve will be temporarily unavailable as it was recently featured as a separate reward). Sleeves featuring the Japanese Planeswalker alternate art, new Guild-themed sleeves, Ikoria card styles, the Tamiyo player avatar, and more. The code is obtained from your local game store’s online community, as outlined in the Wizard’s official article:
HOW TO GET A REWARD CODE FROM YOUR STORE
Some stores have robust online communities, and others will be forming them for the first time. If you’re already part of such a community, great! Check with them and get connected.
If you aren’t part of a local game store’s online community, or if they don’t have one set up, there are a couple ways you can get connected. One is to simply reach out to your store and ask (give them a little bit of time—many of them are getting this information today as well). Another is to head to locator.wizards.com to find your local game store’s website. Not every store has a website on there right now, but our teams here are reaching out to our stores to help them set up options and connect them to our store locator. Many of them will be setting up online communities through Discord, WhatsApp, and Facebook, so you may have to join or download one of those applications.
Step-by-step, here’s how it works:
- Play in the event (win or lose as much as you want)
- Take a screenshot of your event page
- Go to locator.wizards.com to find your local game store’s website
- Join their social media channel
- Share your screenshot with a nice message on their channel
- Store will message you a code* through that social media channel
*Note: While supplies last. Not all stores are participating. Limit one code per account. Sharing a screenshot with your local game store does not guarantee you will receive a code.
If you cannot find an appropriate store or just don’t want to bother with the whole process, you can buy the codes directly from trusted MTG Arena code vendors such as Gray Viking Games. For a few dollars, you can instantly obtain the code to the MTG Arena Promo Pack as well as codes from other products such as Prerelease, Planeswalker decks, Secret Lair sleeves, and more. For more information of MTG Arena codes, consult our full guide. Be sure to check them out!
The beauty of Singleton is that messing with the decks has never been so easy, and you can really treat the decks below as basic concepts and make them your own. Don’t have a specific rare or mythic? No problem, check your collection and see what you can sub in!
- A central aspect of Singleton is that the decks tend to be inconsistent and less synergistic than the Constructed decks you might be used to; none of these decks are built around one or specific cards, and I’ve tried to make most of the cards in them stand on their own merits. That being said, there are certainly still all kinds of wacky combos and synergies out there!
- You can view all of our decklists from the previous event in our Singleton deck section, in case any of you are interested/would like to tweak them for this one! There’s a bunch of Historic lists there too.
- Remember that Singleton is subject to all the same bans as Standard; you won’t see any Uros or Okos here thankfully!
Our site provides decks for almost every Arena event, so just check back whenever you need them – here’s the event schedule.