Top Mythic Ladder Decks – February 2020 Season – Week 2

We are now in the second week of the February 2020 ranked ladder season and the first major Standard tournament is underway – the Magic World Championship! The first day of the tournament has been action packed, so be sure to click on the link and check out our live coverage. Competition is getting tougher each season if you are a constructed player, and this month will be your final chance qualify for the Ikoria Mythic Invitational Qualifer in March. You can click here to jump straight to the deck lists for this week!

Also be sure to check out the other Mythic Theros Beyond Death Standard decks from previous weeks:

Standard Metagame Overview

For this week’s deck roundup, we mostly have decks outside of the typical top tier decks that’s not Azorius Control, Mono Red Aggro, Temur Reclamation or Jeskai Fires. These four decks were basically 94% of the metagame at Worlds, with the other 6% being a single copy of Jund Sacrifice. This does not mean you cannot succeed with decks not in this scope, though you may have a slightly harder time. Let’s take a look at a few (but not all) spicy brews this week that players have used in the Mythic ranks this week.

Esper Control


It looks like Esper may be better off going back to the old roots with the Doom Foretold and Dance of the Manse package as Azorius Control shows its dominance in a similar strategy. Treacherous Blessing and Omen of the Sea are nice additions to the deck as sacrifice fodders. The deck is better positioned if you are facing more Mono Red, since cards like Oath of Kaya is a powerhouse against them.

Selesnya Enchantments


Here’s another midrange deck built around Setessan Champion that is fun but hard to thrive in a meta filled with control and combo decks. The optimal version of the deck is still not yet proven, but the list we have today is one of the better ones we’ve seen so far.

Sultai Dreadhorde


We love Command the Dreadhorde and creature decks, but as with above a midrange deck that relies on one spell to win can have a hard time against Azorius Control and Temur Reclamation. Despite this, After Office TTV took the deck to #63 Mythic.

Basically you are ramping and dumping your cards into the graveyard with the help of Glowspore Shaman, Mire Triton and Cavalier of Thorns with a bit of elementals mixed into it (Risen Reef). You then bring back your creatures with Escape (Uro or Polukranos), Blood for Bones or the ultimate Command the Dreadhorde. Access to counterspells and hand disruption out of the sideboard is key here, to shore up the weaker matchups.

Sultai Ramp


The Sultai version of Ramp decks shores up the weakness that the Simic version has, as it includes cards that interact with your opponents. Casualties of War is losing stock as the meta is no longer filled with Jeskai Fires or Jund Sacrifice, but Deathsprout is a decent replacement against the aggressive decks.

MTG Arena Mythic Standard Decks of the Week

Here is the full list of known Mythic decks over the past week shared by the players, sorted by the deck archetype name with their highest placement noted!

No posts found.

Join us at for the day 2 coverage of Magic World Championship at 9 AM HST / 11 AM PST / 7 PM UTC later today, where we will see the top 4 decided. Have a good weekend! Looking at this tournament, we feel Standard is pretty much settled. As we wait for Historic Anthology 2 and its ranked queue in March and the new set Ikoria Lair of Behemoths in April, we will try find more interesting brews in the coming weeks and continue to see how decks evolve after this weekend.

This column is our weekly roundup of Standard and Historic decks players are using to climb the ranked ladder on MTG Arena! Our goal is to curate and post a variety of deck archetypes and interesting card choices at the end of each week to help you keep up to date with the latest trends in the metagame. If you have any decks you wish to be featured, please tweet us at @mtgazone or give us a shout at our Discord.

Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, get access to exclusive content, remove all advertisements, and more!

  • No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
  • Exclusive Content: Instant access to all exclusive articles only for Premium members, at your fingertips.
  • Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience!
  • Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn in real time!
  • Special offerFor a limited time, use coupon code L95WR9JOWV to get 50% off the Annual plan!
MTG Arena Zone Premium
MTG Arena Zone
MTG Arena Zone

MTG Arena Zone is Your best Magic: The Gathering Arena information site, featuring guides, news, tier lists, decks, and more.

Articles: 12844

Leave a Reply