Transformers is a set of cards in the Magic: The Gathering Universes Beyond series to be a part of The Brothers’ War expansion, releasing on November 18, 2022. There are 15 cards from the Transformers franchise, also owned by Hasbro. In this article, you will find details on the set, where to find these cards, the complete card list, and more.
This is a future release, and all information will be updated as we find out more.
|Release Date||Tabletop: November 18, 2022|
|Cards||Base Set: 15|
Shattered Glass Universe: 16-30
Transformers is a popular media franchise following the Autobots and the Decepticons, two alien robot factions at war that can transform into other forms, such as vehicles and animals. Hasbro owns the rights to produce both Magic: The Gathering and Transformers, leading to its cross promotion. Fittingly, the storyline matches the battle between two brothers.
There has also been precedence of other Transformers cards prior to the creation of Universes Beyond as promotional material:
- The cards can be found in Bundles, Set Boosters, and Collector Boosters of The Brothers’ War.
- This the first time that Universes Beyond cards are distributed through the release of a Standard Magic: The Gathering set, other than a Secret Lair or its own set.
- There are two versions of each card, one regular (card number 1 to 15) and one Shattered Glass universe version (card number 16 to 30) to promote the new product line. It depicts the two factions of the franchise in reversed roles.
- Unlike the Godzilla cards in Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths, these are their own unique cards and not “skins” or card styles.
- Since the product is not a Secret Lair, there are currently no plans to create Magic: The Gathering rebranded version (Universes Within) of these cards.
- The Transformers cards are legal for eternal formats (Commander, Legacy, and Vintage) only.
- These cards are not part of the main set with its own set code and are not Standard legal.
- Please note this is also paper-only product and the new cards will not be available in MTG Arena unless otherwise stated, or introduced via another future release (example: Hamza, Guardian of Arashin in Historic Anthology 4).
- Convert: Transforms the double-faced card to the other face side. Due to copyright reasons, the term “transform” cannot be used.
- More Than Meets the Eye: You may cast this card in its converted form for its specified cost.
- Living Metal: As long as it’s your turn, this Vehicle is also a creature.