The next Magic: The Gathering expansion, Dominaria United is coming to MTG Arena on September 1, 2022 and worldwide release on September 9, 2022. It marks the rotation of the Standard format and Magic’s 30th anniversary celebration, including a continuation of the story in four sets. In this guide, you’ll find all of the information we currently have available for Dominaria United, including all of the cards that have been revealed so far.
Dominaria United Set Details
|Release Date||MTG Arena: September 1, 2022|
Tabletop: September 9, 2022
- Dominaria holds a special place in Magic across the lore of game and in the hearts of fans around the world. With so much story and decades of Magic history packed into one plane, the next visit with Dominaria United is the perfect place to kick off our 30th anniversary celebration.
- The story begins following Karn as he looks back on Dominaria’s past to prepare for its future. The enemy is already on Dominaria, and it’s only a matter of time before conflict breaks out. This kicks off an epic story arc spanning four sets where the fate of Dominaria – and the Multiverse – is set to unravel.
- Boosters contain a legendary card in each pack, showing off a cast of beloved legends and characters that longtime fans will recognize. There are more than 40 legendary creatures across the set.
With every new set we should be getting a new promo code for 3 free packs, PlayDMU.
Dominaria United News
Dominaria United Release Date and Time
On MTG Arena, the maintenance starts at around 8 AM PST. Expect full deployment to last around 3 hours.
- Dominaria United Story: August 10–18
- A Look at Dominaria’s History and Worldbuilding: August 16
- Debut Video and Previews Begin with Wizards Presents: August 18
- Dominaria United Card Image Gallery Complete: August 26
- Dominaria United Commander Previews: August 19
- Dominaria United Commander Card Image Gallery Complete: August 22
- MTG Arena and Magic Online Release: September 1
- Prerelease Events (including Dominaria United Jumpstart Boosters): September 2–8
- Worldwide Release: September 9
- Launch Weekend: September 9–11
- Game Day: September 17
- Commander Party Events: September 30–October 2
- Store Championships: October 15–22
Dominaria United Mechanics
- Kicker: Kicker is a keyword ability that allows the player to pay an optional cost when casting a spell to achieve an additional effect. In Dominaria United, some cards have two colors of Kicker that get more effects the more they are kicked (e.g. Temporal Firestorm).
- Enlist: As a creature with Enlist atacks, you may tap a nonattacking creature you control without summoning sickness. When you do, add its power to this creature’s until end of turn.
- Read Ahead: Choose a Saga chapter and start with that many lore counters. Add one after your draw step. Skipped chapters don’t trigger. Sacrifice after III.
- Domain: Abilities that improve the more basic land types there are among lands you control.
- Stun counters: A new evergreen counter – if a permanent with a stun counter would become untapped, remove one from it instead.